Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Ultimate ARF help

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Ultimate ARF help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:21 AM
flygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Ultimate ARF help

Decided that I am going to get this plane and power it with a Saito 100. Anyway, I was set on the kit $170 but then found out that I can get the ARF for $249. The ARF comes with the fiberglass cowl/pants and alum. landing gear-all of which would have to be bought if I built the kit. My question is, does the ARF fly equal to the kit version in every respect?? There is no way that a person could build this Ultimate kit for the price of the ARF.

So, if the kit form of this plane is really that much better, then I will go with the kit, otherwise, the better value deff. appears to be the ARF version. I am set on the CG Ultimate by the way so am not open to other kits/arfs.

Thanks for the insight guys!!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate ARF help

I have both. Either version is a great flying plane. The kit can be built a little lighter, but I have flown the ARF version for three years and now have a Satio 180 in her. Last year I flew it with a 150, but want a little more power for nice round knife edge loops. Go for it. It is one of the best flying Bipes ever, IMO.