Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 Pluse XT aileron gaps >

Pluse XT aileron gaps

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Pluse XT aileron gaps

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:14 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pluse XT aileron gaps

Just got a Pulse XT 40ARF. So far it looks pretty good. But the aileron stock looks like it was a bit bowed. When the aileron is flush with the wing TE at each end,there is a pretty good gap in the center(a smidge less than 1/8" ). I don't think shrinking the covering is going to be able to hold it straight. I'm thinking my options are trying to pull the bow out when gluing the hinges,or just leave the gap and seal it?
Any tips on dealing with this situation? Should I call the company and try to get them replaced?
thanks,
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44556.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	922246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75483.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	922247   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze87353.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	922248  
Old 04-07-2008, 12:56 PM

Default RE: Pluse XT aileron gaps

This plane was my first ARF after my trainer. I'm no expert, but my Pulse is similar, I did nothing but glue 'em in and it flies like a dream. I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: HollywoodHitman

This plane was my first ARF after my trainer. I'm no expert, but my Pulse is similar, I did nothing but glue 'em in and it flies like a dream. I wouldn't sweat it.
Yours had a pretty large gap like this? Did you try and squeeze the gap tight when you glued it?
On mine,it is definitely the ailerons. I put a straightedge to them and they are curved. The wing TE isn't perfectly straight either,but I think the majority of the curve is the aileron itself.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:04 PM

Yeah, one of them had a gap that looks the same. I just popped it in, and if I remember correctly I glued the outside hinge, then pushed the aileron in on the center (where the gap was) and then did the final one. It seems ok, no binding or anything like that. Like I said, it flies like dream. I DO however do a tug-test on the control surfaces as part of my pre-flight.

Seriously though, as I said, I'm no expert, but a gap like that I wouldnt worry too much about. Mine is powered by an OS 70 Surpass II 4-stroke....What engine are you planning on using?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 PM

I have an OS .46ax for the Pulse. I have a TTPro .46 in my trainer,but decided to give OS a try in this one even though I like the TT alot. My trainer is an Avistar and I fly it like a madman lol. I'll have to take it easy with the Pulse at first,my buddy has the smaller electric one,and I put it in a snap roll,and it happened so quick it took me by surprise! I was smart enough to take it up real high before trying it though.
thanks for the tip......I may still call Horizon and see what they say. I'm sure it would fly ok,but none of my other planes have a gap like that. It seems huge to me,and they are both the same way....like they had a batch of curved aileron stock.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM

I bet it is cool with that 4 stroke. I want to try a 4stroke,but decided I'd save it for the next plane down the road.