Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New KMP PC-21

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New KMP PC-21

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:37 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New KMP PC-21

Looks like another offering from KMP is almost here. One of my favorite airplanes the PC-21! It really looks nice but the drawback is the size for the money.

Almost $1000 for the airplane and the retracts and it is barely 71" The retracts are extra sharp looking but they are air up/air down. IMO it should be air up, spring down but that's just a minor detail

I am on the fence on this one, I would buy it now if it was at least 80" and capable of a small gas engine but hey, what do I know

http://www.kmp.ca/product_info.php?p...16d34137d816b5

Old 08-14-2008, 08:05 PM
sergio turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New KMP PC-21

I saw this plane last week on their homepage, I did like it alot, its now on my wish list, I dont care the price is beautifull is one of my fav planes I love the look of this, the PC9 and the Tucano, what engine you think its going to be the best, I was thinking on the Evolution 26GT, what do you think?.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
SunShyne

ORIGINAL: sergio turbo

I saw this plane last week on their homepage, I did like it alot, its now on my wish list, I dont care the price is beautifull is one of my fav planes I love the look of this, the PC9 and the Tucano, what engine you think its going to be the best, I was thinking on the Evolution 26GT, what do you think?.

Sergio

that is a very good question. On the website it shows what appears to be a 4 stroke sticking slightly out of the bottom of the cow. I think its too small for a gas engine at 71" wingspan. A nice 4 stroke will work fine. If you want to preserve the cowl lines I would suggest a RCV motor that will probably fit entirely in the cowl

Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 AM
slyms

Gents, you really can't use the wingspan as a yardstick for the size of this aircraft. The fuselage with spinner is almost 90" long! [X(] This is a big model.
Look at the picture I've attached to see that it has a really low aspect ratio wing, I'd guess this is because it's designed to be a jet trainer.

Our prototype will have a Wren 44 Turboprop in it for testing the concept.

Sym.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 AM
SunShyne

ah, good point there, didn't realize the ratio, considering that it will be huge I guess. Wonder what the best engine for this will be without having to butcher the cowl. of course us poor guys cant afford a Wren44 so I'm guessing a 4 stroker will do fine
Old 08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
sergio turbo

ORIGINAL: slyms

Gents, you really can't use the wingspan as a yardstick for the size of this aircraft. The fuselage with spinner is almost 90" long! [X(] This is a big model.
Look at the picture I've attached to see that it has a really low aspect ratio wing, I'd guess this is because it's designed to be a jet trainer.

Our prototype will have a Wren 44 Turboprop in it for testing the concept.

Sym.

Thanks Sym, I was going to say that, the size of the fuse, what engine is using the prototype? keep us updated.

Sergio
Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM
slyms

As soon as we have more info either ourselves or Andrew and Paul will post details. We try to avoid answering posts on here as we see this as KMP's marketplace, we tend to get more involved with the European forums like RCMF.

Regarding the change to air up, air down retracts, there was a reason for this. We found that the extra weight of oleos and scale wheels in up and coming designs caused the 110 degree units to fail occasionally on the down lock. The extra swing forward in nose legs was an issue for instance, therefore there was no other choice but to change to air. As we need a standard unit that could be adapted to different angles, we couldn't economically produce spring down and air down retracts at the same time.

Sym.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM
SunShyne

Sym

thanks for the explanation on the retracts, that makes sense. That being the case I think its fair enough to use the air's [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

dont feel bad posting here, Andrew almost never posts here expect with an occasional update so getting any info is appreciated. Have any pics of a production model you can share?

cheers

matt
Old 08-21-2008, 09:14 PM
AKondor

Hi guys: I will start watching this thread now that I know it exists

We are expecting our first batch in about 6-7 weeks. The plane really is big.... don't let the wingspan fool you. The fuse is very long and the cockpit can accomodate very large pilot figures. I'll be in better shape to provide all the actual sizes when they arrive.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
axaaxa

Interested in one of these,will there be a distributor in uk / europe
Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 AM
SunShyne

ORIGINAL: AKondor

Hi guys: I will start watching this thread now that I know it exists

We are expecting our first batch in about 6-7 weeks. The plane really is big.... don't let the wingspan fool you. The fuse is very long and the cockpit can accomodate very large pilot figures. I'll be in better shape to provide all the actual sizes when they arrive.

glad you popped in this one Andrew, after further review I am pretty sure I want this one! Will make a nice addition to my Stuka

I am eagerly awaiting its arrival so we can get some solid engine info on it. thanks

matt
Old 09-06-2008, 01:48 PM
kochj

I think that many compare this one to the Tucano that is offered by COMP. ARF.....
It has a WRen 54 Turbo Prop..... Inch WS and weighs in a 40LBS....

I am not sure what the hX is on this plane but it is appernetly quite different than a Tucano...... Especially the wing span.... Comparing the two real planes.....

Good job Adam....

Will look forward to this one...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62725.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1027480  
Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 AM
kochj

I have got to say that probly the only company right now that I actually look forward to there new releases right now
is KMP......

Not tosay everything has been perfect with them, but at least they go out on a limb to creat something exciting to bring to the field.....

In a day where all the other companies are throwing in the towel on some really great models, KMP is improving on some of there better sellers.....and
putting them back up for sale....

Thanks KMP
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM
DANIBOY

This plane interest me alot!

Does anyone have started a build of that plane and could comment on the general quality of the kit?

Thanks

Daniel
Old 09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KMP has done a great job with this plane! Congrats Andrew ... its beautiful, I seen the one by Aeronaut which is really detailed and scale but it costs a bomb for something so small! I hope to see this plane soon ... definately want one for EP. I am sure KMP will come out with a 4/5 bladed prop and spinner.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:33 PM
seanregan

hI GUYS , just noticed this beautiful bird in the chief aircraft sight "OMG" was planning on getting another BIGGer
yak 54 but I dont know now. with that big fuze and smallish looking wings do I have to land at scale "warp speeds?"
Im thinking thats one of the sweetest looking airplanes i'v seen [ my wallet just ran off to hide somewere ] and my creddit
card just burst in to flames, oh well only live once. can anyone tell me how this bird (pilatus pc 21 kmt) flies. im use to flying
yaks but would like somthing more exotic that you wont see at the field.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:42 PM
seanregan

btw in comparesin the phoenix tucano is a nice build and flies OK but its nothing special and lands like a horse full of alfalfa
[8D]please tell me the new pc 21 flies awsome and lands like a dream and i'll be happy
Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
mungrel dog

Can they ship to Australia, as we dont have a dealer over here down under?

Jason
Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
seanregan

I just ordered mine "WOOOT" cant wait to see her , my yaks will not be happy. I called there florida warhouse for mine.
i'm willing to bet they can get one to aussi land down there. check out the reviews on the full scale- this is a very advanced
aircraft.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
erikben
My Feedback: (11)

I also ordered mine today. Really looking forward to this plane. I intend to use a Saito FG36 as long as I don't have to destroy the cowl and the balance is fine. KMP was great to deal with and I added a Beaver to my order today. Needed some projects for the winter build season

Cheers!
EB
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: seanregan

card just burst in to flames, oh well only live once. can anyone tell me how this bird (pilatus pc 21 kmt) flies. im use to flying
yaks but would like somthing more exotic that you wont see at the field.

These warbirds, or scale birds are a little different that your light weight yak's!!
They will land different, ussually faster..... All depends on the weight of the model when you get done....

I can only say, that if this bird is not kept light, it could be a handfull of hot coals when landing......Then again, that is what people said about
the TF cessna, and it has been a fantastic landing plane.....

TBM, is going to have some really nice 100+ ws warbirds..... and some will be even up to 150cc!!! These have been rumored to fly with the same
aerobatic finess that your YAK 54's do, and not that much more of a hasstle to set up at the fields.... THe retreacts will be in the main fuse (like the TF staggerwing) so no need to
unhook any retract hoses....

I would say, look into those as well as this one.... you might be surprised...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

I have bought a couple of KMP ARF's. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of them selling replacement (crash) parts? They never seemed to get back to me on availability in the past.
Tp
Old 10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
seanregan

thanx kochj, I'll consider the wieght - landing, in the set up. I usually use a set up service in my area to finish my bigger birds. it could be quite awhile before i start building her - want to see what other pilots are setting them up with. my little revolver is a brick and has to come in under power but im sure this will be alot more aircraft to deal with. cheers......
Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
sergio turbo

Sean post pictures as soon as it arrives please, congrats, mine is on order too, but I think you are going to get yours first.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
derjager
My Feedback: (15)

Hi,

We are expecting the container with these models to arrive next week. I will post pics as soon as they are available

Bob,s Hobby Center - Orlando - Florida (407 277 1248)

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.