Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:31 AM
flyboy144

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!

Hello I recently bought a rc plane off of a local classifieds website however I do not know a thing about it. I guess that money was just burning a hole in my pocket. I have always had a great interest in flying (my walls in my room have the thunderbirds in formation along with the red baron on the opposite wall) anyway I ended up paying 125.00 for a gas powered 4 and a half foot wingspan plane he says everything is there however he has not started it in a while I am 14 and after a bunch of cheap rc plane gimmicks I am ready to try the real thing my parents used to get me an airhog every Christmas and they were great fun however the cheap Styrofoam material they were made of didn't last long ... then I tried a 30.00 electric plane off of ebay and it worked fine but it didn't fly (I think it was something to do with the wings being attached to the fuselage with rubber bands!!) so I will post the text in the ad with the picture and see what you guys think Thanks, Bridger
Old 09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
flyboy144

Default RE: HELP!

here is the ad: Green and white ARF type gas powered airplane. About a 4 and a half foot wingspan. Very Fun to fly. Just haven't used it for awhile and have other hobbies. Comes with Radio and chargers. Works fine. Haven't started it for a few years good to go

and the picture http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=389...,lpid,,cat,386

just copy and paste the link into your browser and please do not call the guy Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 AM
aussiesteve

Ok - It looks like a Trainer Plane, probably smell and tastes like one too - so it most likely is one

Now then - here is the best advice that I can possibly give you.

Take it to a Club near you. The AMA website has a list of affiliated clubs

[link]http://www.modelaircraft.org/ClubSearch.aspx[/link]

There wil be some experienced people there who can have a look at it and advise you - Pretty much all aeromodellers are great people and usually glad to help a newbie.

Learn to fly with them. You wil be amazed at how steep the learning curve is at first but it is an enjoyable one.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:58 AM
simmo8

very nice thats the best type of airplane to lurn on and very cheep buy it and go to a club and get a good instructor
good luck mate you will realy like it
happy flyin
simmo
Old 09-20-2008, 07:41 AM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

It looks a Flite Craft model.Flew them a while ago,they were heavy and the fuse got brittle after awhile.Besdes that they were not to bad,in fact a have used a wing from a Flite Craft Cardnel and built a typical box fuse and I am still flying it .
Old 09-20-2008, 07:55 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

If everything works, you got a good deal. Even so, the batteries are probably suspect, and you may need to replace them, both transmitter and receiver. Fully charge them and see how well/long they hold a charge. If they retain 80% of the rated capacity, they are still usable. That is a very old plane, do inspect it carefully for any brittle or broken parts in the plastic that may need to be repaired/reinforced. It is a good plane to learn on.

You have definately stepped "up" from the air hog!

I will add my voice to the others: find a club and get some instruction to flying! Enjoy.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:38 AM
flyboy144

Thanks for all the help ive found a club near me and am waiting on delivery of the plane wish me luck Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM
simmo8

good on ya mate have fun and good luck