Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Great Customer Support Horizon Hobbies and Randy's Hobbies

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Great Customer Support Horizon Hobbies and Randy's Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:14 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Customer Support Horizon Hobbies and Randy's Hobbies

I just wanted to let everyone know of my recent experience from Horizon Hobbies-I was flying my Ultra Stik Lite 120 on the fourth flight and the rear stabilizer flew off in flight- I really had not even put it in a spin yet. Needless to say the airframe was destroyed - this is where my local hobby shop (Randy's Hobbies in Houston) came in to the picture
I was talking to Randy about it and he told me to bring it in and he would call Horizon for me to tell them what had happen. I hesitated and thought well why not, Randy boxed it up and got a return tag from Horizon and sent it in. Two weeks later Randy calls me and states that Horizon has offered a full credit on another airframe or my money back but whatever it took that Horizon wanted to keep me satisfied and Randy wanted to keep me coming back to him instead of the internet for purchases. I know I will continue to do business with Horizon but it will be thru Randy's Hobbies always-I just wanted to let you know of my experience .........
Old 09-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Customer Support Horizon Hobbies and Randy's Hobbies

I'm glad you recgonize great customer service. My experience with HH has been excellent as well.

My question to you...Do you really feel a stab coming off in moderate flight is a warranty issue? I have the Ultra Stick 120 and fly the heck out of it with no problems. But the way the stab attaches requires a great "glue job". My guess is you didn't have it glued properly.

I'm glad they replaced it...but is it really necessary?
THanks
Barry
Old 09-20-2008, 08:52 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I also received great servace on my Hanger 9 corsair , I think there a great company , I now own many of there planes , saito engines and a Z26ei
Old 09-20-2008, 10:05 PM
PLANE JIM

They made the decision to replace the model after their inspection-the trailing edge of the stabilizer where jointed failed-so simply put your idea that I did not assemble the model correctly is wrong- geesh you cannot even give a KUDO to someone and you always get some person that has a unhappy life oh well nevermind...................
Old 09-20-2008, 11:13 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Sounds like a communication problem, PLANE JIM. You stated "...........the rear stabilizer" came off. You probably meant to say the elevator came off. Barry probably thought you actually meant horizontal stabilizer when you referred to the "rear stabilizer". As in most things, it helps to speak the language.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM
PLANE JIM

the stabilizer came off-not the elevator-I love all this armchair accident investigators and communicators that we have here-BOTTOM LINE-Horizon Hobbies has great service, I am glad you try to correct people Jim Dines but I really do know the difference.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:43 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

I apologize. So sorry.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
PLANE JIM

I am probaly a little out of line as well-be glad when we get power again
Old 04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
maverick136

I just want to let people know about Banana Hobby. STAY AWAY FROM THEM! I received my ef2000 euro fighter, unfortunately the parts didn't work properly. I sent the parts back and waited over another week to get them back. I put the jet back together, but it wouldn't fly. No mater what I did the jet wouldn't get off the ground. So I canceled my payment to them until I could have an experienced pilot look at it. I did that today and we made all kinds of adjustments and we where finally able to get it off the ground. Let me tell you! It is the slowest moving jet I have ever seen. We made 4 passes and performed 1 barrel roll and 1 loop and brought it in for a landing. I thought to myself that I will now resend Banana Hobby the money for the jet, that was until I went to take out the LiPo battery. It was all bubbled up and fried. I asked what happened and I was told it isn't the right battery for this particular jet. It flies so slow because of the battery. It turns out the engine is trying to draw more power than the battery has to give. Now I have to go out and buy a new battery at a minimum cost of $60.00. When this jet lives up to how it is supposed to perform I will send Banana Hobby the money for the jet, less what I have to put into it to, make it work like it is supposed to be designed to work. Banana Hobby cant get at my money because I disputed the sale because of the defects and I used their return policy against them. I also closed the bank account that I purchased the jet from. I am from now on going to drive to my LHS and buy what I want because they warranty everything and are very helpful. I will be bringing the ef2000 to them today and get what I need for it to make it live up to its potential. As for Banana Hobby? they can stick it I will never do business with them again. They sell junk and lie all over the place.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:30 PM
EdFly

" I am from now on going to drive to my LHS and buy what I want because they warranty everything and are very helpful"

This is what you should have done in the first place....