Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 pricing ??

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 pricing ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangar 9 pricing ??

What happened to Hangar 9 pricing ?? I understand inflation and exchange rates ect , but they have had the highest price increases of every body. Planes going up roughly 25% - 30%
Old 09-23-2008, 08:37 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 pricing ??

I couldn't agree more freaking pirates they are; I was all set to get the 60 size Spitfire, but I'm not about to spend close to $300 for an ARF; they have to be nuts, the slant eyed, rice eating, chinks; are trying to make us pay for the Olympics.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 PM
AJsToyz

I just sold a Twist 60 for 125.00 , no big deal it only cost 150.00 new last year , then it jumped to 165.00 now its 199.00. The Showtime 50 went from 189.00 to 269.00 and so on. Thats a big mark up from a year ago. I just got into Hangar 9 , but think I'm going to be looking again.

Andy
Old 09-24-2008, 12:09 AM
JCINTEXAS

Quote: What happened to Hangar 9 pricing ??
__________________________________________________ ________

Have you kept-up with what's happening with the U.S. Dollar?
It's value has plunged to all-time lows. We see this in the form of "higher prices",
and expecially higher prices for things imported from foreign countries.
Wish I could say that we have seen the end of it.
But we haven't.
Regards
JC
Old 09-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Zippi

There are a lot of places online that still have good prices, you just need to shop around. I buy a lot of RC supplies at my LHS an he gets his supplies from Horizon and he told me that Horizons inventory is really going down. They could price thereself out of business. A few of the guys in my club stopped buying new planes and now only buy at the swap meets.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 AM
AJsToyz

Like I said , I understand that but Hangar 9 seems to be the only one taking it to extreme so far.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 AM
AJsToyz

If I really want one of there products I might just have to watch the BB's or wait and go to shows. I do like the there planes and the quality seems pretty good , but I have no problems with my Great Planes products either , might stay towards Hobbico type products. Some brands are kinda scary though like " Nitro Models" . I have a 46 size Yak , but the quality was pretty low. There are other vendors out there , I'll just keep looking.

Andy
Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Yeah, The Twist is now $179.90. I'm not going to be buying anything for quite a while.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 AM
AJsToyz

I might get me a Great Planes Cap 27% , I won't be able to work on it now but at least I'll have it for what its really worth.

Andy
Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: JCINTEXAS

Quote: What happened to Hangar 9 pricing ??
__________________________________________________ ________

Have you kept-up with what's happening with the U.S. Dollar?
It's value has plunged to all-time lows. We see this in the form of "higher prices",
and expecially higher prices for things imported from foreign countries.
Wish I could say that we have seen the end of it.
But we haven't.
Regards
JC

Well, unfortunately yes, I have kept up with our currency fluctuations, because I travel abroad. The news are not good in the dollar front.
BUT THERE IS NO WAY it justifies a 25/35% increase. They are "skimming" (milking) the market. They think they can do it (I am sure they can) and they are making a lot of money right now.
Also, most importers are affected by the currency fluctuations but in many cases this increase in cost is not reflected on the products because the importer absorbs the increase in cost by reducing a little his profits.

Hangar 9 is "making a killing". Good for them if they can get away with it:-) I have some of their products, but right now, I switched to other vendors...

There are 2 truths in life: taxes, and the supply and demand curve:-) 3 things can happen 1) their prices will come down 2) they competitors will also rise the prices (then we are screwd) or 3) people like H9 products so much, that they will not mind paying more, and they will just pay the higher prices.

Gerry
Old 09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
AJsToyz

Gerry,

Yep !! You are corect , Tower tried that with a couple items then reduced the price. Not as low as I would like but they did reduce them. I just bought a Cap 232 for 305.00 shipped , I was just looking and put it in my cart for kicks and the price dropped. With the member discount and a 30.00 off , free shipping , and it includes a 3 1/2" Aluminum spinner , I figured what the heck ?!

Andy
Old 09-24-2008, 08:33 AM
v-snap
My Feedback: (18)

Dollar down, Fuel high, cost overseas rising, yada yada yada
It is more then just the low dollar. Shipping is going up by 30%, manufacturers are jumping around like crazy demanding higher prices, and so on. It all adds up to higher costs for consumers.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
dasintex

Somone has to pay for the Olympics! I was all set to buy the H9 60 size Spitfire, but not for nearly $300 for an ARF.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 PM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Gerry,

Yep !! You are corect , Tower tried that with a couple items then reduced the price. Not as low as I would like but they did reduce them. I just bought a Cap 232 for 305.00 shipped , I was just looking and put it in my cart for kicks and the price dropped. With the member discount and a 30.00 off , free shipping , and it includes a 3 1/2" Aluminum spinner , I figured what the heck ?!

Andy
No matter what, the purchase of a new plane is always a good thing:-) My last 2 arfs were GP, the 1/4 scale RV-6 and the 1/5 scale Hawk, both are great. My next one is 75% ready (another 60% to go) BUSA DVIII, will be ready after the winter...
The problem is that everything is related, if Arfs go up, kits will go up also:-(

Gerry
Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
crazy8s
My Feedback: (21)

Hey Gerry,
Did you ever get my Morane-Saulnier flying again??? =)

Steve