Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

extra 300 arf??

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

extra 300 arf??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 10:34 PM
peterp105
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extra 300 arf??

i am currently flying the GP dazzler, and i have a t-34, and lots of helis, what i wanted to know is if an extra 300 is really a hard plane to fly? i really want one but im not sure i can handle it?
Old 05-25-2003, 11:49 PM
Falcon-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default extra 300 arf??

An Extra 300 isn't to hard to fly but you need to take steps if you can fly a low wing airplane you can more than likely fly one. The Extra will go where you tell it to so you need to be comfortable with something more than a trainer. Also the lighter you can build it the better it will fly.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:35 AM
ajvpb
My Feedback: (3)

Default extra 300 arf??

Shouldn't be a problem. I went from my ultra stick to an extra. The only real difference is landing. You have to set it up and constantly decend, you can't float around like with a stick. Sometimes you need to add power. It's all about reading the plane, you need to watch how it is behaving. If you have to keep adding up elevator to keep a certain rate of decent, you have to know to add power. It's not very hard to do, you just have to remember to do it the first few times, then it will become an instinct. Just keep the control throw small for the first couple of flights, because the larger control surfaces make it more touchy. If you can fly a t-34 it you should be alright.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:59 AM
ronk1
My Feedback: (25)

Default extra 300 arf??

I have two extra 300s and one 330L (46-90-vary large). The 40 size is a GP and flies great. They all do jest have them set up for different purposes. When it comes to moving up I agree with the other answers posted. I will add one thing Extras make the step up as easy as you will find. Keep those throws down at first,you should have no problem!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:04 PM
peterp105

Default extra

does any one know if the great planes extra 300 arf has plug in wings? or are they glued together?
Old 05-26-2003, 12:18 PM
cfossa-RCU

Default extra 300 arf??

If you are talking about the .40 sized ARF (not the Wagstaff) the wings are glued together. I've got a .46 FX in mine and it flies great.

Do you have realflight? The plane flies very similarly to the one on the simulator. FWIW I went from my trainer (Avistar) to the GP Extra ARF (after lots of sim time) without a hitch. I've been flying it for over a year now (about 90 flights) with no problems.

It goes where you point it, but it is a very smooth plane. Go with the recommended throws and it will not snap out of loops etc. If you increase the elevator throws you need to be careful.

Good luck!

Carl
Old 05-26-2003, 01:41 PM
OUTCAST

Default extra 300 arf??

I have the Kangke Extra 300-60 with a Magnum 91FS. The plane is so smooth and easy to fly that I gave it to my son once he got some time solo on the trainer {he went from there to a Cap 232-60 and now flies a Texas Hurricane 2.4 gas}. With a forward C.G. and reasonable throws this plane is as docile as any low wing I've ever flown, Step on it and it will 3-D. Give it a look, it has a nice rounded fuse like the real one and is very well built and covered.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:48 PM
peterp105

Default extra

where can i get info on that one?
Old 05-26-2003, 05:19 PM
OUTCAST

Default Re: extra

Originally posted by peterp105
where can i get info on that one?
www.kangkeusa.com
Lots of local dealers carry Kangke/Super Kraft models as well as many mail order houses. There are some really good deals out there on there planes if you just take a little time to look around. If you run a search on Kangke or Super Kraft I think you will find almost all the posts are very positive both about the product and the customer support.