Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fledgling EP GenII

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fledgling EP GenII

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
TX_Firehawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fledgling EP GenII

Good afternoon~ I am having an issue with a Fledgling EP that I picked up over the weekend. For some reason any time I apply more than say 50% throttle my servos can/ will go crazy.

Let me give you all some background. I purchased a Fledgling about 6 months ago to replace a Miss 2 that I put into the ground. The plane was beyond repair but all my electronics were just fine and I moved them to the Fledgling. I flew that plane for about 6 months with no issues. Eventually pilot error got to me and I crashed that one.

Well I really liked the price and how the plane flew so I picked up the 2nd airplane last Friday. The setup I had in the 1st Fledgling was as follows:

Hitech Flaxh 5x
Hs-81 servos
E-Flight 40 Amp ESC
AXI 2418-12 (I think that is the right model #)
Thunder Power 3S 2400 mAh packs

Well the new plane came with a somewhat no name 40 amp ESC and brushless outrunner. My E-Flight ESC was damaged in my last accident and so I thought why not use the power system that the new plane came with. Well this is where my issue lies. My servo's can and will go crazy for no apparent reason when power is applied. I was told (by the mfg of the plane) that I needed to try my servo's one at a time to isolate the problem. It was suggested that I have a servo "going out" and that is causing feedback to the others. What I think is the ESC is pushing more than 5V to the servo's and that is why they are freaking out.

I think this weekend I am going to go get another E-Flight ESC so I will be back to the same gear I have been using for the last few years and see what happens.

Any suggestions or has anyone else had issues with this aircraft's power system? I know you can only get so far with basic no-name components (the ESC and motor) but it seems like they would at least work lol. Funny thing is I did not notice the problem and only figured out the servo's are acting up after 2 flights where the plane would turn without me telling it to. In one instance I almost crashed it.

Over all the plane fly's GREAT and would recommend it to others. Well, with an upgraded motor and ESC anyway.

Thanks for any help!

~Jason

p.s. here are some video's I took with the Fledgling I crashed last month. Just click on other video's by txfirehawk to see the rest. I use a CVS hacked camera btw lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64F-TO7n9M

TY!

I