Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

mystery spitfire

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

mystery spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM
traxxboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mystery spitfire

I just picked up a spitfire from a swap meet today. Looks good except the retracts rotate the wrong way but this isnt going to be my show bird. Its covered in foam. I have no idea who made it(MFG). heres a few pictures. I want to get a .70 four stroke for it. but that cost a good bit of money. can anyone identify it? I will measure wingspan later tonight. thanks

Old 10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Rick75
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: mystery spitfire

Great Planes .40 Spitfire ARF.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-19-2008, 08:46 AM
squeakalong
My Feedback: (8)

It looks like the GP Foam ARF Spitfire from about '97 -'98. I had one and flew it with an O.S. 45FSR or a Magnum, don't remember which one. Flew real nice until the foam tail weakened and twisted...then it didn't fly too well. If you look inside the fuselage you'll notice there's not much in the way of structual support for the aft end. Oh well, was fun while it lasted...which wasn't too long. Sent a letter to GP/Don Anderson about the problem when it happened but you know how that issue went...NO response whatsoever.

BTW: I lived in Decatur, AL in the late '80's and flew with the club at the fairgrounds. Worked for Stone & Webster at the Brown's Ferry Nuclear Plant in Athens. My younger daughter and her family still live in Cullman. Real nice area down there!!

Soft landings.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
traxxboy

cool. Its growing up around here.....still nice though. thanks for the info