Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Nitro Super Trainer 40 help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Nitro Super Trainer 40 help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
496xl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Nitro Super Trainer 40 help!!!!

Hi all,
I'm new here to this site and need help.
I just recieved my new Nitro super trainer 40 ARF ,there is no parts list in the instructions manual and the manual is very very vague (only like 6 pages),anyone here
built this airplane.There are a few pieces of plywood that I am still trying to figure out where they go.Any help on building this model would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,
Perry
Old 10-28-2008, 07:07 AM
russm

Default RE: New Nitro Super Trainer 40 help!!!!

have built a couple of nitro model planes. their instruction manuals are terrible. get some help from someone with experiance. if built wrong, it won`t last long in the air.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 AM
outdoorhunting

Hi, 496xl. If you are new to the hobby, & it sounds like you are. Get with a local R/C club. Most all local clubs will bend over backwards to help a new guy to the hobby. With experienced help, your plane will be a joy to put together, & you will find out that an instructor will make your flying experience a blast. The other option, ( & I'm NOT being a pessimist, just stating facts) your experience will be the following. Well, I'm not sure how to put the plane together, but this looks right. More than likely you will not get things adjusted properly.( Will the thrust for engine be set right ?) Let's say you get everything together close to the way it should be.. You go out to a big area to "try it out" You'll get it started, taxi it a little ways out & probably be able to take off. Oh, oh, now what ? You WILL CRASH your new plane If you are lucky, it won't be destroyed. This hobby looks like fun, -IT IS, more than you can imagine. It looks like flying one of these little buggers is easy. IT'S NOT. With the proper help & instructions, it WILL BE more fun than you ever could imagine. !!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:30 AM
bencav84

As a relatively new person to RC, I can agree whole heartedly with outdoorhunting. The palnes are easy to put together, but only when you know how, one mistake could be the end of it!

Secondly, as for looking easy while it isnt - SOOOOO TRUE!!!!! with an instructor, this is lessened, and you will achieve a lot very quickly. without an instructor, you will achieve nothing, expensively.

Join a club, it is a great sociable hobby too, some days I forget I go to the field to fly (I always end up flying though!!!)

one little bit of advice, the instruction manuals with all of the far eastern models are fairly useless. It is only when you go to the top notch companies that this improves (Hangar 9 et al)

Anywhoo, enjoy the build, but more improtantly, rip up yonder sky fella me lad!!!

BC
Old 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
496xl

Hi All,
Thanks for all the input.I have been into building and flying airplanes off and on for over 38 years.I am or was a qualified r/c
instructer,I have currently 9 planes.All I was asking was if anyone had built this type of plane before I began building it
myself. I bought this plane for my 12 year old son,as his second airplane.It is a pretty well built plane and I will beef it up
in areas,but I just don't care for the manual,I'll figure it out.

Thanks again for all and any info on this subject and if anyone here reads this and has any ideas on this bird please
let me know.......again thanks to all.

rgds,
Perry

Old 10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
outdoorhunting

Sounds like you have plenty of experience 496xl. I was going by your question about a trainer & looked & seen you had just a couple of posts. Next thing I new I was clicking the OK button.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
496xl

outdoorhunting......I understand and no problem, if you run across any more ideas on the build on this plane,please
don't hesitate on letting me know,again thx for any help.I am looking forward on visiting this site in the future.

rgds,
Perry
Old 10-28-2008, 09:07 PM
outdoorhunting

If you can post some pics of the extra parts & the plane. That would help. Also, you might try going to one of the name brand webb sites & pulling up thier inst.I know some of them can be downloaded on PDF I would think most 40 size trainers would be close to the same. Good luck !!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
496xl

thx outdoorhunting......think I've figured it out,just not use to such idiotic type of manuals,I guess you get what you pay for.Being an ARF
putting pics here is a last resort,but thank ya the same.It looks like the plywood planks that I was curious about seems to be the Aileron servo
mount support brackets,which doesn't slip correctly in the wing....not what I'm use to.....I know....sanding will not fix the cure. Just not
use to such a product like this.Anyway.......pls continue with any help you can, thx for all and God Speed.

rgds,
Perry