Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Phoenix extra 330S 60-91

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Phoenix extra 330S 60-91

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 08:38 AM
tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix extra 330S 60-91

Thinking about buying one of these planes ,but would like some of your opinions on the plane.I have been flying 40 size for 8 years and was wanting something a little bigger.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:16 AM
jzrf6c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix extra 330S 60-91

I have had two Phoenix model the Giles 202 and the Extra 330s. Lost the 202 on second flight due to pilot error. The 330 I have has about 10 flights on it. The ARF is ok but the instruction leave alot to be desired. Like, for example, the corrected views and updated text for the current version. I had problems with their push-pull system for the tail. It looked nothing like the instructions in the manual. Also, throw away the crappy screws used for landing gear and also the fuel tank. Also, becareful with the bolts for the canopy. Mine vibrated out the first flight. Try and come up with some other way to hold the screws rather than their Tee nuts. I think a hardwood block threaded for the bolt size would work better. I used some pipe thread tape but its a pain in the arse! This plane seems very delicate - so don't do any hard crashes or it may be toast (or a pile of balsa anyway).

I went with the OS .75 because I had it available. The plane balanced perfectly.

It flies like its on a rail.

Hope this helps.