Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

covering and paint wrong l.g. location

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

covering and paint wrong l.g. location

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
logair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default covering and paint wrong l.g. location

I have a flight-models spitfire. I would like to know what type of covering and paint might be used by this company. The arf came with inward retracts that are mounted too far back on the wing. Hard to picture a Spitfire with a wide tract landing gear, or I should say undercarrage! It is beyound me why any mfr. would sell an arf with the gear so badly placed, for scale looks and ground handling. It would be easy to tip over on grass. I am going to change the gear location to make it look right so it would be nice to know the type of covering and paint. The covering appears to be some sort of fabric almost like a fine knit cheese cloth. Also this airplane looks like a world models spitfire clone. I have been building and flying RC since the middle sixties, but arf's are new to me. This airplane was well built and parts fit good but the paint does flake easy. And other than the gear lacation it appears to be ok. Thanks for any info. Logair