Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Falcon 120

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Falcon 120

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:16 PM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 120

I just built a Falcon 120 from Nitroplanes and it show the tank mounted with the fuel lines facing the rear toward the engine.It seems the clunk will be in the wrong place as the fuel goes down and you are climbing,has anyone mounted the tank with the lines facing to the rear on a pusher and it worked?
Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 PM
opjose

Default RE: Falcon 120

It's a bad idea to mount the tank with the stopper towards the rear.

I've four of these planes, and I've mounted the tank with the stopper facing forward on all.

You can merely run the lines over or beside the tank towards the back. Try to keep them as short as you can though.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 AM
jimkron

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Guys,
What engine are you running? I'm not quite ready for the Jet yet.

Thanks

jim
Old 12-17-2008, 06:39 AM
telejojo

I have an OS 120...........The blocks holding the gear just fell out, looked like they were just tacked with hot glue.I wonder if I could put a header tank on it like a heli?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: telejojo

I have an OS 120...........The blocks holding the gear just fell out, looked like they were just tacked with hot glue.I wonder if I could put a header tank on it like a heli?
The advice given on the gear found on the long Bobcat .50 thread apply equally to the Falcon 1.20.

I've found that this area gets a huge amount of stress, more so than in other planes, and re-inforcement is a MUST.

You also need to do something to distribute the force on the gear over a wider area.

The provided blocks merely concentrate the force right at the block, so the gear tends to rip out if you do something as simple as running off tarmac onto grass, at landing speeds.

It would be advisable to insert ply strips to re-inforce the gear retention areas, and distribute the force.