Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

GP Lancair with Saito100

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GP Lancair with Saito100

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:55 PM
Aruba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Lancair with Saito100

Hello All,
Any of you have the above combo, will the Saito fit inside the cowl without to much cutting?
Also what size 3blade prop would be good for the Saito?

John
Old 06-06-2003, 04:18 PM
flapbreaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Lancair with Saito100

John there are a couple threads on the lancair with lots of info. I have not seen anyone post about a Saito 100. I am building mine but have not got to the engine install yet. I am putting a .91 Saito in. It seems like a lot of people are using the .91 OS Four stroke. they have to cut a small area out for the valve cover. I only saw one post regarding someone else using a .91 saito but I don't think they have mounted it but they did say that they thought it might fit without any cutting for the valve covers.

I only saw one other persons posts regarding 3 blade props in fact there are pictures of it. They used a masterscrew 13x8 prop on a OS .91 fourstroke. I looked at the APC prop website an they only have a 13.4X13.5 prop. I am not sure if the pitch is enough or not. Hope this helps.