Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
 GS Starlet >

GS Starlet

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

GS Starlet

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GS Starlet

Just starting to put together my Global GS Starlet. Hung the control surfaces, and mounted a Goldberg tail wheel unit that I substituted for the supplied tail wheel. Originally I was planning on using a Saito 220 I had, but after corresponding with Dick Pettit, I decided to see if a 270 would fit, since Dick said he needed nose weight even with a G26 up front. Looks like it will fit just fine. Over all I'm very pleased with the quality of the plane, covering job is excellent. I've got to take some time with the cowl. I dont intend to just use 5 screws thrugh the cowl into the firewall per the instructions. In my experience screws always hog out fiberglass cowls due to vibration. I was thinking of tracing the outline of the firewall on to a sheet of lite ply and making a cowl mounting ring. But then I realized I can't do a 1 piece cowl ring, and get the cowl on over the 2 cylinder heads of the 270.... So got to do more thinking on that one. Also the cowl cheeks where they extend back beside the fuse are a tight fit, and will chew through the covering the first time the engine is run, so they will take some sanding to provide clearance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56147.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1147402  
Old 03-01-2009, 10:20 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GS Starlet

Greetings Fellow RC'er. This is absolutly one of the best scale ARF's but no publicity on this I've seen. There's only a couple of us who have built this plane that have been reported here. I installed a FOX 3.2 gasser with a smoke system. Running 6.volts for a little more power to the servos. I did a very immaculate install of all components just as if you were building the real Starlet. It's a tad on the short-coupled side which makes it very responsive but no problem at all on landing this. Flaps not needed but I would use them if this came with them. Many flights all with smooth landings and no visable signs of wear. 38% still makes it look small compared to the other big gassers at the flying site. BUT !....... the "Big-Boys" are quite impressed seeing this and is well acceppted by them. I need to take photos of mine and try to remember how to post them here for you. If there's too much to print here, send me a private e-mail with a phone # and go from there, maybe tonight. Floats, snow-skies option are wide open too! And lastly, yes, I have and fly the 60 size version of it too. Seeya then, MM
Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GS Starlet

Finally getting around to updating this topic. Everything came together according to plan (don't you love that when it happens?). She flys very nicely on the 270, probably about scale, and best of all, cg came out just about right. (may move it rearward in time). Used mixes to fix some adverse yaw as well as negative pitch with rudder to smooth out the aerobatics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87037.gif
Views:	66
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1266542