Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ultra Sick .60

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ultra Sick .60

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 08:06 PM
blueangel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Sick .60

Has anyone built and flown the Ultra Stick .60 by Hangar 9? I am interested in getting it and want to know want everyone thinks. Also what engine and prop size do you recomend? I want to overpower it, but within the limits. Thanks very much.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:21 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Default Ultra Sick .60

Two of my friends have US60's and they both love them. They both have Saito 100's on them, I'm not sure what their using for props. With this engine, the plane will take off in about 10 feet and will go straight up until you can't see it. I've personally owned the US40 and I'm looking at getting an US120 right now. These planes are well built and fly very nice.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:47 PM
docpaul

Default Ultra Sick .60

You will really have a good time with this one. It is fun to fly, looks good in the air and will keep the guys on the ground oohing & ahhhing. For a complete review and tips on construction see the Product Review Section of this site. There are 11 reviews on this plane.
I have about 20 flights on mine now and it has been a pleasure to fly. The wing came with several ribs broken and as you will see from the reviews, this seems to be a common problem. I have not had any problems with the flight characteristics as a result of this, but if you plan to "over-power" this plane then you may want to be careful. I fly mine with GMS 60, and it has plenty of guts. The Saito 100 is a perfect match, based on what I have seen at our club. This Stick will do anything & then some with the 100.
BTW the elevator and rudder push rods are reversed in the instructions (confirmed by H-9) so make a note of this when you are building.
Good Luck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
-Paul
Old 11-04-2002, 08:01 AM
blueangel

Default Ultra Sick .60

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. What does anyone else think of this plane? Also does anyone know of any reviews done on this plane?