Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Modeltech Sport Stick

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Modeltech Sport Stick

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Korps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modeltech Sport Stick

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the Modeltech Sport Stick 40. I'm looking at buying myself a plane for my 46 engine - just for a fun flyer. I has a H9 Ultra Stick but that was sold. Was planning on getting one again, but it got damn expensive in the meantime.

This weekend I went into a hobby shop and the guy showed me this plane. It was a pretty decent price and he is prepared too give me a 30% discount on it at the moment which brings it down too a pretty decent price. But I don't want too buy crap for any price.

Does anyone have this plane or knows whether it's a good flying plane?
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Modeltech Sport Stick

I have the Model Tech Lucky stik. It is a classic Ugly stik looking plane with a shoulder wing. It flies OK on a .46. A little heavy but built like a battle ship. I had flipped, flopped, rolled, crashed and crunched it many times and it is still able to fly. It does fly better with a .52 in the nose but the 46 makes it a nice easy flier. If it is anything like the standard one, should fly well.

Dru.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Korps

Thanx, if I'm getting it - it is going too be my fun flyer so something which doesn't easily break when you try something stupid with it is always an advantage . This is also the reason I'm looking into it since I'm can get it for a decent price. The cheapest plane I can get at the moment which is farely decent for the price.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:14 AM
russm

fast airframe for a stick. no longer made, as far as i know. wish i could find one. nice plane, well built.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:42 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The plane is nice for a 1st low wing plane or an everyday trash around plane. She has a nice thick wing and is built tough enough. Speed wise she is about the same as any sport low wing plane ... not terribly fast but enough for you to enjoy. She will not handle like the H9 US ... they are different, like apples and oranges.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Hi...........I have the Sport Stik, & I don't like it nearly as well as my other Stiks! I have serveral H9 Ultra Sticks in 40 - 60& 120 sizes. Also GP Electro StickGP 40 & 60 sticks. The Sport Stik does not handle as well as any of the other above birds. It simply does not track like the other Sticks do!

What do I know though......I have been only flying for 29 years..............

Tcat
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tcat, That all, 29 years, no biggy. Just a Pup, wet behind the ears. :O:O:O I started a long time ago too. First Tx was a Galloping Ghost push button.

Wonder if does not track as well because it is a low wing compared to the shoulder wins of the others? My "OLD" Luck stick was pretty good. It was a little heavy compared to my scratch built Ugly stick and the GP stik of the same size. Still flew all right. The Mag .46 flew it well. The Mag .52 yanked it off the ground like a rocket. the vertical was great. Just about hovered it with the .52. The 52 is the 2 stroke not the four stroke.

Dru.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had one of these for a while. It was a fun "beater plane". The covering was lousy and began to separate and peel almost immediately so mine had all sort sof patches using various shades of red and other colors. It was ugly but I didn't care. The landing gear was also pretty weak and would bend easily. I replaced it with gear from another plane but I forget what. You may also want to use triangle stock or some other means to reinforce the stabilizer attachment.

In spite of the little problems it was a great, simple little plane to just take out and fly the crap out of and not worry if I destroyed it. Not pretty, not precision, just fun.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Hey Dru.................Just a Pup huh? Wet behind the ears huh?............Hmmm.............Here, I thought that I was old! THANKS! Maybe I can still chase women again...........

Tcat