Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 73' CAP 232 Fuel Tank Questions

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 73' CAP 232 Fuel Tank Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:32 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 73' CAP 232 Fuel Tank Questions

Thanks to all who responded about the exhaust.

Here's another question:

I am less than impressed with the supplied tank in this kit. My plan was to use a Dubro 20-ouncer, but it won't fit without some major surgery that could compromise the structure.

A Dubro 16-ouncer will just fit, but I want more capacity. Two ten-ouncers will fit side-by-side, but that will necessitate a major re-routing of the throttle linkage. Don't want to do that, either.

Right now, my plan is to fit a Hayes two ounce "header tank" to the Dubro 16-ouncer, the way we do on helicopters. I don't think I can squeeze a four-ounce header in there and stil leave room for the throttle linkage.

Have any of you guys tried different ways of increasing the fuel capacity?

Steve
Old 03-27-2002, 03:38 PM
ninefingers
My Feedback: (18)

Steve, i've got a Lanier 1/4 scale extra with a Saito 1.50 and a 16 oz tank (similar weight to what you have). I'm not sure how long I stay up, but after 4 or 5 "hair razing" manuvers I'm usually ready to set it down and catch my breath. I guess what I'm saying is, it being a new set up and all, I'd go with the ole KISS theory. If you start messing around with a maze of fuel lines (header tanks and such) you might be introducing problems. If I was you, I'd just go with the stock setup initially and then after everything is set up, if you want more flight time, go from there!
Old 03-27-2002, 04:35 PM
deadstick
My Feedback: (1)

Steve,

I installed a 20 oz (I think its a sullivan) in my 1.20 cap with only some minor surgery. The Fuse appears to be a bit "overbuilt" in that section already, so I just dremelled out about 1/4 inch of lite ply on each side of the tank. I suppose if you're concerned that such a procedure might weaken the structure, you might be able to glass the altered former/tank compartment wall.

Tom
Old 03-27-2002, 08:35 PM
kennyb

i have h9 72"cap with saito 180.am using 24oz. dubro. modifyed former so tank would fit. 25 flights, no problems.