Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Larger Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Larger Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Larger Revolver

Granpooba, I think you can still get the XYZ 20cc engine at Valley View RC for $179. This is a very introductory price and willl go up to $240 or so. I have a DLE and XYZ 20cc both. They are almost identical in every way but the parts are not interchangeable, slightly different. The XYZ comes with a genuine walbro carb, rcexel ignition, CM-6 plug, and even a 10mm spinner adaptor. You can have your choice of muffler orientation with it as well.

Thank you for the links to the Radiowarm's. Very nice of you!

Ernie Misner
Old 11-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

Granpooba, I think you can still get the XYZ 20cc engine at Valley View RC for $179. This is a very introductory price and willl go up to $240 or so. I have a DLE and XYZ 20cc both. They are almost identical in every way but the parts are not interchangeable, slightly different. The XYZ comes with a genuine walbro carb, rcexel ignition, CM-6 plug, and even a 10mm spinner adaptor. You can have your choice of muffler orientation with it as well.

Thank you for the links to the Radiowarm's. Very nice of you!

Ernie Misner
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......... something more to think about .......... thanks ..........
Old 11-29-2012, 04:07 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

JoeMamma -

I know what you mean about not liking anything on your hands. But I got used to the Raydiowam pretty quickly - you actually forget about it - don't even notice it when you're flying. One thing I didn't like was that the clear plastic "window" on top would droop down and rest on parts of your hands. That was a little distracting. So I made some "Raydiowarm standoffs" (one for each main radio - these are custom jobs!) They push the plastic 2 1/4 inches away from the transmitter face and off of your hands. Works great. ( I should probably patent this and sell it to Raydiowarm!) (pics attached)

I feel bad for guys who don't fly in the winter because of the cold. With things like skis for your plane, the Raydiowarm (there are other makes and models), insulated pants, hoods, and other winter gear, cold doesn't have to stop anyone from winter flying.

Granpooba - Welcome to the multi-Revolver-owner's club! If you haven't tried a Rev 59 yet I recommend them! They're HOT!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62636.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	1824969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59384.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1824970  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Ernie Misner

Call Valley View and talk to Tom, the owner. He will then switch the muffler for your needs at no extra cost.

More good Radiowarm info there.... and ain't this Revolver thread great? I learned more about servos, etc. here than anywhere else. I might have to get a Revolver for one of my engines.

Will the Revolver slow down and do any mild 3D like hovering if asked to?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

great to hear ! i sent a link to my wife for my Christmas present. i hope she pulls the trigger they look awesome.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Call Valley View and talk to Tom, the owner. He will then switch the muffler for your needs at no extra cost.

More good Radiowarm info there.... and ain't this Revolver thread great? I learned more about servos, etc. here than anywhere else. I might have to get a Revolver for one of my engines.

Put simply, this plane has the widest flight envelope of anything I've ever flown? I can't vouch for the hover, still suck at that, but slowing the plane down to attention getting speeds is easily done! It's also a blast on knife edge! Powered with a 20cc gas, there's plenty of power to do anything you'd ever want. Attention to travel trims, expo, CG, etc. really pays off with this plane. It's way more than what I expected when I first maidened it for sure!

It's a great first step up for stuff learned on a profile Ernie - without endangering any of your bigger stuff you might want to keep a little higher off the ground prior to getting to brave with them? I move back and forth frequently between the Revolver and a profile, each giving a reality check on the other?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Luchnia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ahicks

Put simply, this plane has the widest flight envelope of anything I've ever flown? I can't vouch for the hover, still suck at that, but slowing the plane down to attention getting speeds is easily done! It's also a blast on knife edge! Powered with a 20cc gas, there's plenty of power to do anything you'd ever want. Attention to travel trims, expo, CG, etc. really pays off with this plane. It's way more than what I expected when I first maidened it for sure!

It's a great first step up for stuff learned on a profile Ernie - without endangering any of your bigger stuff you might want to keep a little higher off the ground prior to getting to brave with them? I move back and forth frequently between the Revolver and a profile, each giving a reality check on the other?
I could hover mine, but not real well like some of my other planes. A lot of that has to do with balance, prop, and engine setup. For me, it was difficult to hover for very long and kept falling out. I am not very experienced with hovering, but I don't think the Rev is best suited for it - at least in my thoughts.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 PM
wjcalhoun

Joe
Lighter fluid into the carb - starts like clockwork; no need for a heat gun.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Ernie Misner

Al, excellent 'Revolver Report', thanks so much; just what I was hoping to hear.... And isn't it a plus how pretty they are? Another great looking plane is the Horizon Katana 50. Someone said they put a 20cc on that and the recommended engine is a Saito 82...! It does have 800+ sq. inches though. BTW, the Katana 50 is on sale now, $50 off.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Granpooba

Well, just bit the bullet and a Revolver-59 will be on my work bench shortly. This will by my third one as I already have two R-70's, but I could not resist the offers from Tower Hobbies.

Tower is presently offering FREE shipping on the Revolver and the OS AX .55
Tower has reduced the price of the OS down $30.00.
And finally by using one of Towers coupons, it took another $35.00 off of the package.

Free Shipping / $30.00 off of engine / $35.00 off of combo = $75.00 savings.

I would have to say, not bad.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Granpooba

Well, just bit the bullet and a Revolver-59 will be on my work bench shortly. This will by my third one as I already have two R-70's, but I could not resist the offers from Tower Hobbies.

And finally by using one of Towers coupons, it took another $35.00 off of the package.

Keep in mind when you fly the Rev 59 that it is very spirited and has little in common with its big brother. It can be quite a handful in many aspects of flight. I learned that the hard way early on
Old 12-01-2012, 07:57 AM
jet22b

Granpooba,
Luchnia is right!! With the OS 55AX up front she is a beast!!! I have the same set-up and the first few flight on her, I flew at half throttle until I got use to it. Now full throttle all day long!!! On the 59 Revolver, you do have to work to get it to slow for landing!! You will love it, I know I do!!!
Have fun!!
Sonny
aka
jet22b
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Granpooba

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Granpooba

Keep in mind when you fly the Rev 59 that it is very spirited and has little in common with its big brother. It can be quite a handful in many aspects of flight. I learned that the hard way early on
More spirited than a Shoestring with and OS .60 ? A Little Toni with a Saito .91 ? CAP 232 with a OS 1.60 ? Extra 300 with a DLE-20 ? Just a few named models in my present day hangar.

I feel that you can always knock some of the spirit out of any plane by reducing the throws and reducing the EXPO. But thank you for the warning and advise. I usually cut back on all controls until I find what the airplane will do, or better yet, what I can do with the airplane.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Slow and Steady

The 59 was a handfull for me, also. 59 vs 70, is like a Corvette compared to a Malibu. I wonder if it is the wing loading. I found it to be a real handful, but fast and fun, as long as you stay ahead of it.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:21 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Absolutely, completely different planes. The 59 is fast, agile, and difficult to land. The 70 is the beauty, 59 the beast
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM
microdon2

"Beauty and the Beast" - LIKE IT! Though I do think both planes are beautiful. Yep, the 59 is quicker, jumpier, easier (much!) to tip-stall. I crashed a few before I learned the planes' flight envelopes. But don't worry - after the 4th or so Rev 59 it gets easier.

Actually, I was a nube at the time. I'd think most experienced pilots would not have a problem with the 59, as long as they don't expect it to be as tame as the 70.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Ernie Misner

What's your vote for 'best engine in the world for the 70" Revolver?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 AM
microdon2

The DLE 20. Provides excellent speed and vertical power at a bargain basement price and operating cost.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Not being into gas engines, I vote for the OS 95 V four stroke. Great performance with good verticle capability.

Bruce
Old 12-02-2012, 05:03 AM
SigMan

What's your vote for 'best engine in the world for the 70'' Revolver?
XYZ 20cc from

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/gas-engines/xyz.html
Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 AM
SigMan

ORIGINAL: SigMan

XYZ 20cc from

http://www.valleyviewrc.com/estore/gas-engines/xyz.html
plus an additional 10% by Dec 31 woohoo ! plus all mufflers and aftermarket parts that fit the DLE 20 will fit the XYZ 20.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Granpooba

Well, I just finished putting a DLE-20 into my second R-70. Almost beleive it is the perfect combo. ALMOST !!!!
Still waiting to hear any reports of somebody putting an " OS GT 22 " into a R-70. Have not heard of anybody doing this combo, but hoping that somebody will do it soon and get a report back to us.

But, getting back to the original question. My first R-70 does fly real nice with its Saito .91
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Ernie Misner

You can get the XYZ 20cc for $162 then with the 10% discount until Dec. 31 at VV. What a steal of a deal. I might get another one.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Granpooba

You can get the XYZ 20cc for $162 then with the 10% discount until Dec. 31 at VV. What a steal of a deal. I might get another one.
With what 10% discount ? If so inexpensive, why not just buy two and send me one !
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Ernie Misner

Look on the VV web site. Somethin about a 10 % discount on everything until Dec. 31st. Okay, send me your address and a couple hunert extra for shipping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.