Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

NEW BH Models NEW 46 size Aiplanes

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

NEW BH Models NEW 46 size Aiplanes

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default NEW BH Models NEW 46 size Aiplanes

Anyone order one of the new BH Models Angel or Sprinter 46 ARF's as of yet?
Pretty neat looking airplanes, can't decide which one I want 1st.......
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/159567.asp
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/159571.asp

Bill D.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 AM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NEW BH Models NEW 46 size Aiplanes

Haven't seen either one in person but I like the fact that they are just basic, sport-type planes. No monster 3-D control surfaces, no retracts to mess with, no need for uber-servos or anything like that. Just a cheap, simple, fun airplane. Everybody needs one like that to fly now and then.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
stuntflyr

I like the simplicity and size (though 72" would be nice) and the Angel is my color scheme choice. I wonder what the covering is, though. My boy's BH Speed Air 40 looks real neat with it's printed paint scheme but the material is not easy to repair or shrink.
Chris...
Old 11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
john neilson
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Bill,

I ordered the Sprinter today. Nice time to start seeing if others had one yet, EH ! I'm not that concerned, I do have the BH T28 and Chipmunk and both are quality ARF'S, even the hardware is usable. I prefer the color scheme of the Sprinter, much easier to see and likewise a little larger might of been better. It seems the 80 inchers are much more desireable with todays planes, especially the warbirds. Anyhow, I like the shoulder wing design which should make it a comfortbale sport plane to just cruise around. I'll get back after receipt and report my "box" findings. Of course, if anyone else has built and flown theirs, let us know your results. Thanks!

John Neilson
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Bill Diedrich

Great John I await your findings, the funds earmarked for my
Spinter went toward a new set of tires for the wifes mini-van.
Should be in the market for one by the end of this month. I
have a NIB Magnum 52 waiting in the cabinet for a new set of
wings. Keep us informed.

Bill D.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
_Tommy D
My Feedback: (20)

Looking forward to photos, if you can provide them of the Sprinter!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
john neilson

Tommy - Bill,

Well, Fed-Ex arrrived today, 2 days from Calif, not bad. Box in good shape and inspection reveal's all is well. Typical of past experience, well packed and no wrinkels. Wish that would last but I know different. Will likley start to assemble in the next few days and report my findings, pro or con.

John
Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 AM
stuntflyr

I noticed the Hobby People store and internet price on the BH Angel shoulder wing is 99 bucks. It's 89 bucks during the Friday through Tuesday sale.

The Magnum 40 is some super low price too during the sale.

Chris...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Bill Diedrich

Ordered the Angel this morning, how's that "Sprinter" looking,
John, have you done anything on it as of yet. Might convert to
electric, will decide once it arrives, but I do have a 46 & 52 currently
idle looking for a home.

Bill D.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:17 PM
_Tommy D

Agreed... looking forward to Sprinter Photos. It's going on sale for 99$ and I wonder what it looks like for real.

Tommy D

I just noticed this "has easy access to the fuel tank or battery".... does the canopy come off? Limited photo on-line shows no battery hatch for sure.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:12 AM
john neilson

Tommy.

I haven't started the Sprinter yet. A little ticked at Hobby People for their merchandising practice. I paid $149 + and now they have the Angel, appears to be the same, on sale at $89+. I would assume the orders for the Sprinter outnumbered the Angel so they are adjusting their inventory. They did the same to me on the T28 when apparently sales slowed and reduced it by $39. Of course, they need to make a profit and I would say, the quality of BH Models are worth it regardless of their practice! However, I fault them for not having spare assemblies such as cowls or a wing, ect. S..t happens to all of us, or, it will!

The plane doe's have a top hatch with pilot, secured with front tabs and rear screws, access for batteries or tank. I am going to use an OS46AX.

Good Luck and Happy Thansgiving to ALL...

JOHN
Old 11-26-2009, 11:08 AM
_Tommy D

John

I know the feeling. However look at it this way. You will have the FIRST one at the field! Or at least the opportunity to have the 1st one. Guess their is a price to be paid for that?

RE Spare parts, I agree it's a killer. However I did learn a little when I busted up the wing on a BH Super Air and no spares were to be found. You could look at it this way. With the ARFs going on sale now pick up a spare for all the spare parts you might need cheap! No? I bet the wife would love that!

Anyhow thanks for the info. Sounds like it has a similar hatch to say the GP Escapade.

Tommy D
Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
stuntflyr

ORIGINAL: john neilson

Tommy.

I haven't started the Sprinter yet. A little ticked at Hobby People for their merchandising practice. I paid $149 + and now they have the Angel, appears to be the same, on sale at $89+. I would assume the orders for the Sprinter outnumbered the Angel so they are adjusting their inventory. They did the same to me on the T28 when apparently sales slowed and reduced it by $39. Of course, they need to make a profit and I would say, the quality of BH Models are worth it regardless of their practice! However, I fault them for not having spare assemblies such as cowls or a wing, ect. S..t happens to all of us, or, it will!

The plane doe's have a top hatch with pilot, secured with front tabs and rear screws, access for batteries or tank. I am going to use an OS46AX.

Good Luck and Happy Thansgiving to ALL...

JOHN

I've seen the Angel on sale for about a month at 99 bucks and posted such last week. The 89 dollars is the 5 day sale price. The Sprinter is on sale for 99 bucks during the 5 day sale.
For spares of BH models, I bought a new wing for my son's Speed Air 40 (after finding out Hobby People had none left) at this operation;

http://www.americanpioneerhobbies.com/

Hobby People isn't quite as big as Tower, but I have found over the last 35 years of dealing with them that they are very price conscious and they try hard after one explains ones particular sittuation.
And darned if they don't keep reducing the price of my favorite engine, the Magnum 91 four stroke! Should I complain of their "business practices" for all of the 149 and 169 dollar 91's I have bought in the years past, because they have it on sale for 139 dollars? I think not!

We are in a good position at this time to buy some good equipment for very discounted prices at several different venues. I'm not complaining...

Chris...
Old 11-26-2009, 02:02 PM
_Tommy D

Chris

You must be luck when dealing with APH. I tried without success at getting replacement parts for a BH P-47. Hoped they would be a vender at the NEAT fair this year, but they chose not to attend.

Anyways I agree I have had nothing but luck when dealing with Hobby People. I just ordered the Sprinter if for no other reason to see what it looks like in the flesh.

Tommy D
Old 11-26-2009, 02:42 PM
john neilson

Hi Chris,

First off, I don't bash and wasn't intending to do so. Likewise, I have done plenty of business with them. In fact they offered to take a wing out of another kit when I pranged my T28 for a price of $84. Although it was too much, they did make the offer and I was still happy. As I mentioned, I want them to make a profit as I do all of our sources and I can commend them on their advertising and merchandising practice. [b][/b"]The quality of BH Models is worth it".

John
Old 11-26-2009, 07:00 PM
IAMKAOS

i'm thinking about ordering the sprinter. but the angel looks to be the same plane with squared off wingtips and a different color scheme and its $10.00 cheaper during the sale.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Bill Diedrich

The Angel arrived today, haven't had a chance to open it as of yet will post some pics tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 AM
IAMKAOS

great!...i just ordered one also. i also bought two of those magnum .46 engines hobby people had for $49.99 during their sale. i could not resist that.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:19 AM
john neilson

Hi Guys,

I'm a sucker for sale's and have gone beyond. At $99 for the the Sprinter, I thought I would do a little cost averaging and ordered a second one, before the price go's up, just in case for spares. Likewise, I bought the 46 for 50 bucks along with other items. I've gone over Sprinter 1 with the iron but that's as far as I have gotten. Once I get the motor and servos out of a Cub I'm retiring the install should go quickly

John
Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Bill Diedrich

Here are some pre assembly pics of the kit contents.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77325.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1323284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82881.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1323285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39720.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	1323286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58188.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	1323287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34847.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1323288   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ul80647.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1323289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jl94008.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1323290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw78201.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1323291  

Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 PM
_Tommy D

Bill

Thanks for the photos. What a funky nose "strut".

Does it look like what they are calling Oracover on the model, or is it the older "Chinese wallpaper" seen on BH Models?

Tommy
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Bill Diedrich

ORIGINAL: _Tommy D

Bill

Thanks for the photos. What a funky nose ''strut''.

Does it look like what they are calling Oracover on the model, or is it the older ''Chinese wallpaper'' seen on BH Models?

Tommy
Only time will tell on the nose wheel & gear & covering looks to be Oracover, it isn't the printed
"China Wallpaper"

BTW these aren't made in China, they come from VietNam, this is my first Black Horse ARF
and I can say so far I am impressed.

On the nose gear I might replace it with one of these:http://www.goldenskiesrc.com/SLG.html
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
_Tommy D

The "Chinese Wallpaper" is what I started calling all those mylar/printed covered models. 10-4 on BHs location.

As far as BH Goes I have the Super Air, Red Lion, P-36, P-47 and Chippy. The Sprinter should fit right in.

Tommy D
Old 11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
IAMKAOS

i have wanted a super air for a while but hobby people has been out of stock. they do have them on bh's model website but only the tail dragger version. they are out stock of the tricycle verson of the super air also.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
skysfallin
My Feedback: (10)

I saw this thread and just happened to go back to Hobby Peoples website and looked at the Angel and had to buy it. In todays world what do you get for $89.00! If I only fly it two times I can't say I didn't get my moneys worth. I just got the plane today and opened the box and was thoroughly impressed with everything I saw. Typical BH quality (which is good). I also have the BH T-28 and the BH P-36. Love em both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.