Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

DP Ultimate Motor Mount

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

DP Ultimate Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:17 PM
grind2tenths
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DP Ultimate Motor Mount

What kind of motor mount are you guys using on the 120 DP Ulty? I am to the engine mounting portion of the build and one of my flying buddies tells me that I need to use a HYDE mount. Due to the cost of one of those I am thinking of using the GATOR mount. Another question I have is what kind of muffler is everyone using on this plane. I am planning on using a YS 120 AC to power this bird. I know it won't have the power of the 140 but it should be enough for the type of flying that I plan on doing. I have other planes that are overpowered for having fun. Any input on this set up is appreciated.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

I used a Hyde with a YS120FZ, plenty of power, hover at 2/3 throttle. I have seen but never used the Gator mount on the Patrick, should work ok. If you do choose the Hyde be careful, I'm not sure of the layout difference between the AC(?) and the FZ but mine was set all the way back on the mount and was still about 1/4 to 1/2 inch further forward than Patrick says to mount it. I used the stock muffler but had considerable trouble getting it to stay on with the soft mount. High temp thread lock helped but did not completely fix the problem as the muffler, which is aluminum, would strip its threads.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:51 AM
grind2tenths
My Feedback: (17)

All I have as far as the muffler goes is a straight pipe right now. I thought about one of the ultra thrust mufflers, just to keep it quiet. I guess my main question is does a 120 four stroke on this plane need some type of vibration absorbing mount. What prop were you using with your 120fz? I am planning on a APC 16\8 with 30% fuel. Heard from some of the pattern guys this will make gobs of power.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:03 AM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by grind2tenths
All I have as far as the muffler goes is a straight pipe right now. I thought about one of the ultra thrust mufflers, just to keep it quiet. I guess my main question is does a 120 four stroke on this plane need some type of vibration absorbing mount. What prop were you using with your 120fz? I am planning on a APC 16\8 with 30% fuel. Heard from some of the pattern guys this will make gobs of power.

All i run on my YS 120s in Ultimates is the stock YS pipe as for motor mounts i just bolt em to the flire wall nothing crazy is needed for this. I look at it as just another thing to go wrong if it did/does.

Props....again I run all APC 15x8s with 1 and 2% magnum fuel and they LOVE IT! hope this helps and good luck with your DP Ultimate.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

APC 16-8 on YS20/20, plenty of power.