Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Creek Hobbies Studacher w/ Q-50

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Creek Hobbies Studacher w/ Q-50

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 09:49 AM
mrfliboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creek Hobbies Studacher w/ Q-50

Recently got hold of Creek Hobbies Studacher. Have just modified firewall to accept a Quadra 50. Wondering if anyone has went this large of a motor on one before. Expected weight is to be 14 to 15 lbs. Comments are welcome.
Old 10-25-2003, 03:31 AM
aerobatic 3D

Default RE: Creek Hobbies Studacher w/ Q-50

Have you flown this plane yet??? I have the Creek hobbies 540 Edge with a fuji 32 and I'm not getting good performance. It weight is 15 pds and it falls out of the sky. Read some of my threads. I hope you reply to me on what your plane flys like.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:34 PM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Default RE: Creek Hobbies Studacher w/ Q-50

OMG!

I reviewed this plane with a OS160 and the performance was awesome! A little tail heavy, but awesome. A Moki 180 would be an even better choice. There is NO WAY I would put a heavy Quadra engine on that plane. That heavy it will fly like a lead brick. If you had to go through that much trouble to reinforce the firewall then that should tell you that the plane is not designed for that size engine!

Here is my review:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...?article_id=19

This plane should come in under 12.5 lbs! 14-15 lbs is way too heavy, it will snap when the plane loses speed!

If you need an airframe for that engine and are not looking to 3D then get a GP Wagstaff. Mine has a FUGI 50 and flies great. But for the Creek Staudacher or other planes in the series, KEEP THEM LITE!

No more than a MOKI 180 should be needed.

If you must go gas, then a FPE or BRISON 2.4, ZDZ40, or similar.. Lite engines!

Good Luck!

Erick