Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

os .61FX on a 60 size Hangar 9 warbird ?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

os .61FX on a 60 size Hangar 9 warbird ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
superocket

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default os .61FX on a 60 size Hangar 9 warbird ?

Hello all

I am interested in getting feedback from folks who might have tried either the corsair, hellcat or p-47 on that engine and a pitts muffler .

Did it fly good or barely ?

Superocket

Old 09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: os .61FX on a 60 size Hangar 9 warbird ?

I cannot tell you about those 2 planes, but I had a friend who had the 9 P-51, OS 61FX w/Pitts muffler. He would blow past my Saito 100 equipped H9 P-51 with ease. No matter what prop I tried I could not catch him.

People would say "Well, yours sounds better" I think they were not trying to hurt my feelings.

BTW-I just pulled my P-51 out of the attic. I am trying to get it ready for the warbird meet this weekend. It will have a Magnum 91 (2s) on it...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: os .61FX on a 60 size Hangar 9 warbird ?

I have a .61FX in my own design Hellcat which is the same size as the Hangar 9 bird and about a pound heavier. It flies just fine here in the Phoenix near sea level but certainly is not overpowered. I imagine the H9 bird with the same area and a pound less weight would have plenty of performance for most guys. The best part is that the engine is mounted upright and still fits entirely within the cowl, including the muffler.