RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   ARF or RTF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/)
-   -   Hangar 9 Twist 3D (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-rtf-75/1674813-hangar-9-twist-3d.html)

2HI2C 12-16-2006 07:42 AM

RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

My MDS 2.18 will fit perfectly in there.[sm=50_50.gif]

Waldopepperaxel 12-16-2006 08:37 AM

I'm going to put a Hemi in my 70- 4 stroke for my T_ _ _ T 40 this winter. :D

Adam G 12-16-2006 09:16 AM

thebluemax,

I always land with the power off on the electric. I don't think it floats quite as well as it would with a glow plane idling. I suppose it is because there is less airflow over the wings. I am going to go fly this morning, I will try a couple of power on and power off landings and see the difference.

Adam

dutchalltheway 12-16-2006 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rccardude04

Anybody see the new twist 150 yet?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=HAN4525
:)
-Eric

Eric...thanks for the link.:)Nope....had not seen it till now. Nice looking plane, too big for me though. I'd rather see them coming out with an upgraded T_ _ _ T .46 size, slightly sturdier than this one. Don't get me wrong.....I love my T _ _ _ T.I sleep and wake up with this baby;)Still would love to see this new one flying. She sure is beautiful ain't she??;)

dutchalltheway 12-16-2006 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Waldopepperaxel

I'm going to put a Hemi in my 70- 4 stroke for my T_ _ _ T 40 this winter. :D

HEMI Waldo??:DIs that made by O.S.??:D

Adam G 12-17-2006 09:21 PM

Flew a couple of flights on the .60 e-Twist this weekend. Did some power on and off landings. Didn't notice a huge difference. It lands very nice both ways. Floats in just like the .40 size. All in all a great flying day on Saturday. I hope this nice weather never ends.

Adam

thebluemax 12-17-2006 09:38 PM

Adam,
Thanks for the follow-up. I guess it is just me.

ORIGINAL: Adam G

Flew a couple of flights on the .60 e-Twist this weekend. Did some power on and off landings. Didn't notice a huge difference. It lands very nice both ways. Floats in just like the .40 size. All in all a great flying day on Saturday. I hope this nice weather never ends.

Adam

dutchalltheway 12-17-2006 10:58 PM

I had the luck to get some flight time in too this Sunday. ALthough the temperature was a little bit low, the sky was unbelievable beautiful; pale blue with not a single cloud!! :)It was a pleasure to see the T _ _ _ T fly so beautiful against the blue sky!!:)What a nice bird it is to look at when in flight!I have 2 weeks vacation, so I am planning on getting a nice amount of airtime in with my baby. Tomorrow I am also going to maiden my Funtana X50 with Saito 91 engine....Finally got her finished after 4 months or so...[:o]took me forever....work, work, work, work, work......[&:]I'll see if I can take a picture tomorrow from our my baby in flight....:D

Waldopepperaxel 12-17-2006 11:40 PM

Dutch,, Thats the great thing about this hobby,, a little ingenuity and Hemi could be made by anybody, For I Agree with Tim the toolman Taylor, what ever machine is made, someone knows how to get more power out of it[>:] Not that I know how,, but someone does... :D

Glad to hear your getting in some awesome flight time, good luck with the maiden flight,, keep us informed.

Yes Eric,, Thanks for the Link, That is a BIG ol girl,, I wonder when the Life size T_ _ _ T is going to come out, I'm going to start saving my money. ;)

archermatt 12-18-2006 09:30 PM

I am having some engine decision problems for my Twist 40 I am trying to decide between a Saito 82, a OS FX 61, or a OS SX 50. I really want to put the Saito on there for the extra power. Is all the extra power worth the extra $150 or so bucks? Also what JR servos do you think i should put in it?

archermatt 12-18-2006 10:12 PM

ON the servos i could put any servos compatible with a JR radio and receiver. Any input?

Downtrodden 12-19-2006 08:04 AM

archermatt,

If you want "unlimited performance" in every sense of the word, then buy the Saito. For a whole lot less money, while sacrificing only a smidgeon of power...buy the OS .61 FX. I have flown every combination of the three you mentioned and the one that I fly (flown) the most is the T _ _ _ T /OS .61 FX cobination. The .50 SX is a nice engine, but it has to work too hard to give the performance of the .61, so I, personally, wouldn't consider it. The .61 FX and the stock fuel tank gives me consistent flights of 25 minute duration using Wildcat 15%, which has been unmatched by any of the engines I mentioned previously. The Saito .82 I'm using has also been rebuilt twice with 1/50th the airtime of the .61 FX! Add the Master Air Screw 13x5 and you'll be in great shape. Keep in mind that I don't fly the T _ _ _ T fast, I fly beaucoup 3D.........low and slow to the ground. I hope my humble opinion is of some assistance to you.

Peace,

downtrodden

2HI2C 12-19-2006 01:53 PM

What ever you use I Guarantee you will enjoy. Go with the .61.

dutchalltheway 12-19-2006 06:47 PM

ORIGINAL: archermatt

I am having some engine decision problems for my Twist 40 I am trying to decide between a Saito 82, a OS FX 61, or a OS SX 50. I really want to put the Saito on there for the extra power. Is all the extra power worth the extra $150 or so bucks? Also what JR servos do you think i should put in it?
Archer...I fly the O.S 61FX in the T _ _ _ T, and LOVE IT!!! The power is superb...very smooth, I can not wish for anything better than the .61FX. I upgraded from the .46FX to the .61 FX and it was the best upgrade I can think of.:DI run standard Futaba servo's on my T _ _ _ T , so I can not give you advice of the servo's...:D

thebluemax 12-19-2006 07:18 PM

I am using a JR8103 radio with a R700 FM receiver and the standard JR-537's. They work just fine..

dutchalltheway 12-20-2006 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some pictures of todays flying session guys...:D

thebluemax 12-20-2006 07:06 PM

Dutch,
Looks like you had a good day. Nice job on the 3D flag design on the bottom of the wing.

dutchalltheway 12-20-2006 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...And a few more for you "Die Hard" T _ _ _ T addicts.....:D

dutchalltheway 12-20-2006 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: thebluemax

Dutch,
Looks like you had a good day. Nice job on the 3D flag design on the bottom of the wing.
Thanks so much Blue....yeah..I love that design. It sure was worth the time it took to make it that way, but in the air it looks so beautiful....:)

dutchalltheway 12-20-2006 07:53 PM

To JWK72, Claytucker, Eric, N1EDM, 191557, AdamG, TimC, Archer, BlueMax, WALDO, DownT and all the ones I might have forgotten; let me be the 1st one to wish you all a
"HAPPY TWISTMAS":D This was my 1st year in this wonderful hobby, and I can honestly tell you all, without the knowledge and help of WALDO, DownT and TimC, my knowledge and skills would not be where they are now..you 3 in particular deserve big time cudo's..so from the bottom of my heart...THank you so, so very much for your your continuous support and availabililty for questions and help. It was and is so much appreciated!!;)I hope we all will look at another wonderful year next season with lots of airtime, skill improvement, and hopefully no crashes!;)I hope we all will keep this forum going and share our knowledge and experiences with each other and new to come T _ _ _ T flyers. This wonderful and exiting plane has given us all so much exitement and joy, that I really hope it will stay in production for a long, long time;) Again, my dear fellow T _ _ _ T flyers, have some wonderful days, enjoy the holidays and keep this forum going, although the weater limits us in flight time!!:D

N1EDM 12-20-2006 08:14 PM

Same to you, Dutch...

Bob

Waldopepperaxel 12-21-2006 12:33 AM

And a very happy Twistmas to you as well, (thats Great) LOL,,, :D:) and to all you great T_ _ _ T Friends also, I too have found much information with thanks to countless people on this thread, I hope it is a record breaking thread that will never be beaten for many years to come. and that is a serious design on the wing Dutch, she does look awesome.

Although we haven't been flying much anymore there is still hope for this Saturday, there is still no snow on the ground which will enable us to get to the field.

We have finally finished the garage project for my mom, so now I can get back to doing what i do best,, sleeping,,,;) LOL just kidding,, building planes is the game and I am jonesin for a good month or 2 in some balsa parts and dust, and the smell of glue,, ahhh the smell of glue mixed with some Old Grand dad makes for some creative aircraft designs I tell you.

well once again Happy holidays to all, I hope that Everyone receives a special flight toy, and if your lucky enough to get a piece of coal, you may want to look at some steam powered engines to haul the T_ _ _ T around, I don't think that combo has been tried yet.:D

2HI2C 12-21-2006 09:15 AM

Merry TWISTMAS to all & to all a good FLIGHT.

TimC 12-21-2006 06:09 PM

Happy Holidays to all the folks in this Twist thread. I'm back in Texas trying to get the old house of my folks ready to sell. I've hauled 60 years of memories to the dump. Not much time for flying here, but I might sneak in a few days before I head back to California. Hope this post finds all the Twisters and their families enjoying the season.
EDITED TO ADD: I survived an attempt on my life by the biggest brown recluse I have ever seen today. She was charging right at me when I screamed like a schoolgirl and lept to safety. A good shot of Raid settled her hash. I have the body up on a window sill to remind me what lurks in dark corners.

LANNYBOB 12-21-2006 07:16 PM

new twist 150 coming out in january. check horizons website. $250.00