Community
Search
Notices
Ask the Expert Sal - Electric Airplane Advice Here is your chance to ASK SAL, the expert for all your electric flight related questions. If you are not Sal, please do not answer questions in this forum.

Li-pos in Parallel

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:53 AM
TOLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Li-pos in Parallel

Hi have a problem or maybe its not but I have a E-flight 25e stick and I fly 2x3s flightpower 2170mah in parallel and it draws 29 amp on the e-meter. The plane perfoms well I enjoy it very much but when I charge the li-pos there is always a difference between the two packs. For example today I flew for 8 minutes and the battery pack “A†took back 667mah and battery pack “B†took back 909mah. I use a swallow charger and a Hyperion balancer I have checked all the joins and all is fine and the battery packs are only two months old.
So is this correct that’s there is a difference in the mah that’s drawn should it not be the same or close to each other? Beacuase they are connected in Parallel.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
salnsp

Default RE: Li-pos in Parallel

They should be the same. I am not sure what is going on here. Are you always using the same charger for each battery. Have you balanced the batteries? Are the wires for the parrallel harness of equal length? Did you buy the batteries as a set, bought at the same time?
Old 06-15-2007, 06:45 AM
TOLOW

Default RE: Li-pos in Parallel

Hi Sal,

Yes I charge and balance them with the same charger and the same balancer every time. I bought the batteries as a set of four and I marked them A,B,C and D and I tried verious combinations but there is always a difference. I haven't looked at the parrallel harness if its the equel length, I will check that. I am to scared to fly this plane now because I don't want to damage my batteries. But thanks for your info and help.

Charl