Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

My New PT Gyro

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

My New PT Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 09:00 PM
JoelW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New PT Gyro

Just completed the first flight of my PT Gyro. The takeoff was effortless. Just turned into the wind (not very much wind), rotated the rotor disc aft, the rotor spun up quickly, advanced the throttle and she lifted off after a short roll. There were no nasty surprises as she left the ground. The climb out was smooth and steady. The first turn was easy, no problems because the rudder was mixed with the lateral tilt of the rotor disc. She turns as easily to the right as she does to the left. Turns easily in a tight turn with no tendency to fall off into a dive. The PT Gyro will fly fast or slow with no bad habbits or surprises. After flying around for a short while to get accustomed to this new Gyro I climbed to altitude to try a few manuvers. She will loop, roll and snap-roll with no problem, in fact she was so much fun I didn't bother to get my three other gyros out the rest of the day!
My complements to the two gentlemen from Tennessee who are producing this outstanding kit. I can easily recommend the PT Gyro to anyone interested in trying autogyros for the first time. The kit went together easily, part fit was excelent and customer support is super!
Attached are four photos of my PT Gyro

Joel
Darby, Montana
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25888.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	197109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50907.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	197110   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75575.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	197111   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60705.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	197112  
Old 11-27-2004, 09:36 PM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: My New PT Gyro

Joel,
Looks good, glad you had good luck with her..I work on mind a little each day. I thought you had snow out there in MT.
I want to do mind in PT colors also. Then I would have another Warbird.

Jim
Old 11-27-2004, 11:31 PM
motorbikemikexb9

Cool! I cant wait. I should have my kit Monday or Tuesday. Which motor did you use?
Old 11-28-2004, 02:15 AM
JoelW

Hello Motorbikemike,

I used the OS .15 on my PT Gyro. The gentlemen, Mark and John who designed and kit the PT Gyro recommend the Norvell .074. The Norvell is all the power this machine needs and I would suggest you use the .074 if you have one. The reason I used the .15 is because I didn't have anything smaller. The .15 weighs over twice the weight of the .074 and if you decide to use the .15 you will have to move your battery aft of the rotor mast to keep the correct hang angle.
If you have any more questions just post them here on RC Universe and I'll help you if I can.

Joel