Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
Reload this Page >

Spring Hill

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Spring Hill

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 06:21 AM
floridagyro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spring Hill

Jim,

You said that we had 4 Kellett's at Spring Hill and 2 crashed. I think the electric Kellett sort of crashed on takeoff and the other one was never attempted. Jim's Kellett has crashed so many times that I don't think it has any of the original pieces. Jim put a Co-Pilot on the Kellett about a week before Spring Hill to try and stabilize it but it also crashed after 20 seconds into the flight. He thought it was the Co-Pilot that caused the crash but they re-installed the Co-pilot in an airplane and it worked OK. I think the Kellett's would have done better on Friday with the wind from the north. The wind was from the South on Thursday which was a cross-wind and Kellett's and most gyros don't like that.

Phil
Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Thanks Jim:
Dave
Old 03-02-2005, 01:31 PM
gyronuts

I have been playing with electic Minnie gyro for a couple of months and about to fly a PT Gyro with brushless motor. From the great photos posted on this thread I spotted another electic gyro belonging to Tom Smiths called "Pink Gyro Stick" .
How can I contact Tom to compare notes on rotor size/weight/thrust required?
Thanks guys. Wish I could have been there. Bill England.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:03 PM
floridagyro

Hi,

I don't have an address for Tom Smith, and if no one else has it, send an e-mail to Cliff Manspeaker at:

[email protected]

Cliff was the CD for gyro meet and he should have Tom Smith's address.

Phil
Old 03-03-2005, 01:05 PM
boberos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's got the address now.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:26 AM
flicka5
My Feedback: (2)

Trying to play the Spring Hill videos but my Windows player keeps crashing. What Windows format are they in?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-13-2005, 08:07 AM
floridagyro

Hi,

The videos are the WMV type format and should play using either the Windows or Real Media Player. WMV are much smaller files than MPG the reason for using them. Try Jim's video which is the yellow gyro, 2nd row down, 1st on the left. It's one of the smaller ones, 375 KB. The same file using MPEG is 2.7 Megs.

Let me know if that helps.

Phil
Old 03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
flicka5

ORIGINAL: floridagyro

Hi,

The videos are the WMV type format and should play using either the Windows or Real Media Player. WMV are much smaller files than MPG the reason for using them. Try Jim's video which is the yellow gyro, 2nd row down, 1st on the left. It's one of the smaller ones, 375 KB. The same file using MPEG is 2.7 Megs.

Let me know if that helps.

Phil, in the last day, updated my Windows Media Player with latest version and also downloaded and installed the latest version of Real Player. Thought that out of date video player versions were the problem on my computer with your video links. Even with the new player versions,
I still get the error messages with your video links even after downloading a complete single file. No play with either Windows or Real Player. I can however play other video link attachments from other postings on RCUniverse, etc. Also, ran a test video from the Real Player site using my latest Real Player program and it ran successfully with picture and sound? Is there anyway you could send a single gyro video file link to me as a separate item and let my try that?
Thanks

Old 03-14-2005, 08:12 PM
floridagyro

Hi Flicka5,

Please send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a small video file for you to test.

I'm not surprised to hear that you are having problems. Video's are strange. They either work or they don't and I've had to completely re-format my harddrive and reload to get the Windows media player sound to work. I did a check on the internet and found others with the same problem but nobody had a fix. It worked for a few months and now I only have sound on some video files. I have other players that work OK. It has something to do with the Codec's being overwritten but not sure and nobody seems to know how to fix them.

Phil
Old 03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
AeroBalsa Mike

Hey guys.

I've posted some Spring Hill pics on my website. Here's the link...

http://www.aerobalsa.com/pages/flyins.htm

Enjoy.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:26 AM
garytenpas

The spring hill autogyro videos work on my computer. At first they didn't, then I downloaded some real one updates, then some would work, and some wouldn't, kept trying and got them all to work.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:51 AM
floridagyro

Mike,

I think you have the only picture of the Kellet in the air. I can't remember if it made a full pass around the field or not, before it crashed. I talked with Jim Sanders a few days after he crashed and he said that he was too embarrassed to hang around.

Phil
Old 03-19-2005, 08:09 AM
flicka5

Phil, never got the file that I know of but meanwhile tried a new strategy to view the files and got it to work using Windows Media Player but still won't work with latest Real Player.

This method is called the "end around" approach: when I click on your video site images using the left mouse button, all I get are pages of computer code "gibberish". But it works to click with the right mouse button and copy each video link to my "clipboard". Then open Windows Player and use the search function for a URL. Paste the video link into the search window and hit enter. Walla, the video is downloaded and plays on my computer. Nice videos and gives me even more inspiration to finish my G3PO project!

ORIGINAL: floridagyro

Hi Flicka5,

Please send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a small video file for you to test.

I'm not surprised to hear that you are having problems. Video's are strange. They either work or they don't and I've had to completely re-format my harddrive and reload to get the Windows media player sound to work. I did a check on the internet and found others with the same problem but nobody had a fix. It worked for a few months and now I only have sound on some video files. I have other players that work OK. It has something to do with the Codec's being overwritten but not sure and nobody seems to know how to fix them.

Phil
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27683.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	245974