Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > AutoGyros
 Dual rotor design questions >

Dual rotor design questions

Community
Search
Notices
AutoGyros All about autorotational flight, sport and scale autogyros! User friendly!

Dual rotor design questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual rotor design questions

Hi,

I am going to try dual rotor configuration on GWS E-starter or my G400 autoryro. So far I have built only single rotor autogyros, so I wanted to try something new.

My idea is to use carbon fiber tube laterally for connecting the two rotors with the fuselage. Traditional configuration uses a small wing. The rotors will have two rigid heads, which are rotating different directions. Is 15 degrees of diherdal enough to the rotors? Will it roll after I apply some rudder? Will the rotors give much twist to the lateral CF tube? I mean it is not good if the rotors angle of attack changes by it self. Positioning rotors as low as possible might be the right way.

How about area? My single rotor G400 has area of 8650 cm^2. This new configuration uses two 4300cm^2 rotors so the total area is about the same? The total weight on both configurations will be about the same (600g). Are the smaller rotors enough efficient so I can use those like this?

Am I having right ideas? Comments from experienced two rotor gyronuts would be great