Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

More Run Time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:42 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Run Time?

Hey i have a traxxas power cell (7cells) and its 3000mah. if i buy a 5000mah will the run time go up? and will the charge time go up too? (traxxas ez peak charger)
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: More Run Time?

Hi, welcome to RCU. Yes and Yes. It's like having a bigger fuel tank.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM
electricrc68
Banned

ok thx
Old 12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Link119
My Feedback: (1)

But you can charge it at a higher rate (5 amps max unless specified by manufacturer.) Which means that it charges at a higher current if there is a setting which could make it charge in the same amount of time.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Chris_The_Battery_Man

Yes,

More mah is your gas tank/runtime. And also gives more power. The stock Traxxas batteries kind of suck. Going up to a better battery will always help. But I would not use the stock charger. It works fine as a band aid. But ultimately, if you paid all the $$ for the truck, then it makes no sense to not invest in decent batteries and a charger.

Below is a couple links to what I would recommend to you. Not all batteries are what they say. So be very cautious. As far as the charger goes, the main reason you will want something like that is that it has a read out of mah going into the pack, and voltage. This is important for a couple reasons. Main one is to see if your battery is taking a full charge. And also if you have some strange issues with the battery, that type of charger will help diagnose the problem. So it becomes more than just a charger.

Hope I don't sound like a pushy salesman or anything. I just want to make sure my fellowhobbyistare getting informed well. If there is 1 bit of advise I could give you on any purchase, is buy the right thing the first time. You will always save money in the end. The lesser quality or "Until next payday" parts/accessories never work or you end up wanting to upgrade anyhow. So take it from someone that has wasted thousands of dollars before I learned to buy the right thing.

Batteries
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?menu=C662G1F9DD
Charger
http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/?ap...CDC&sid=690692