Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

DigiPace 3 and NiMh?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
VirtualFreq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DigiPace 3 and NiMh?

OK, please try not to laugh....

I've been out of RCfor about 5 years or more...I'd like to get back in, w/o spending a ton of money

Obviously, my batteries are all dead and gone. However, my Ace Digipace 3 charger is still alive and well?.

Can this charger be used to charge NiMh batteries? I've been googling, and can't find an answer either way.

If not, does anyone still make 5 cell NiCd receiver batteries?

Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
KB9STD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DigiPace 3 and NiMh?

Hi vitual...I'm not an expert(and I have never owned a digipace,though I have built and used several ace products).I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong(and I Won't argue with them),But in my opinion it will work fine with NIMH batteries.The only possible problem I'm aware of when using Ni-Cad chargers with NIMH batteries,is failing to detect the voltage peak(and thus overcharging).
The digipace is a slow charger and doesn't rely on "Peak Detecting".
Though I don't own a digipace,I do use my "Power Pacer"s with NIMH batteries.The only problem is that it only has a fixed 50mah chatge rate,and I use batteries from 1200 to 2000mah.I just charge them with something else and then discharge on the power pacer to determine their capacity.