Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Ballance Plug Ends

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 AM
hrrcflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballance Plug Ends

Qustion,

Do any of you know where I can find the multi-pin (usually white) connectors that companies use to plug ballancers into their chargers? The reason I'm asking is that I am currently using a Venom Pro Plus 8S max battery charger and I currently have quite a few Thunder Power and Flight Power batteries. Venom offers an adapter they call a "TP/FP" adapter for these batteries but the problem is that it only works with the Venom Pro charger which is a 6S max charger. The man at the LHS called the manufacturer for me to ask about a TP/FP type adapter for my charger and the person at Venom talked like this was the first time anyone had asked for something like this...........

I was thinking that since you can easily remove the cables from the existing 7 pin connector on the adapter that I could find a 9 pin connector like the one they sell on their generic balancer and put one on their TP/FP connector. Obviously I know I will only be able to balance 6 cells with it, but that's OK, 6 cells is the largest battery I have. I also know that I could get a Astro Blinky balancer to use, but I'd like to monitor the voltage on my battery packs while I'm charging them.

TIA for the assistance.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Ballance Plug Ends

I think that mouser has them all. It might be tedious work to id them.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
bgosselin

This is a simple little plug you can use:http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...RS-WIRING.html
I have a couple from my LHS and they work fine.

Or, if you want to make something a little more custom, get a 2mm snappable pin header and solder whatever wires on yourself. Something like this:http://cgi.ebay.com/10Pcs-2mm-40-Pin...#ht_1561wt_906

Old 06-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Try Radical R/C
Old 06-28-2011, 03:11 PM
hrrcflyer

Hey Red,

Do you have a web address for that site? Attached is a picture of the connector I'm looking for. I apologize for the poor picture quality

Thanks for all the help fellas. Keep it up..............

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64667.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1628977  
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: hrrcflyer

Hey Red,

Do you have a web address for that site? Attached is a picture of the connector I'm looking for. I apologize for the poor picture quality

Thanks for all the help fellas. Keep it up..............

David
Sure, try this one. http://www.radicalrc.com/category/LI...&-Pigtails-434
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 AM
hrrcflyer

Hello Red.

That looks exactly like the end on the balance plug wire I have. The problem I have is that the male plug on the side of my charger is for a 9 pin female plug, not a seven pin. Do you offer a 9 pin female end plug?

Thanks

David