Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Can I store a Lipo battery pack fully charged?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Can I store a Lipo battery pack fully charged?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
paries127

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I store a Lipo battery pack fully charged?

HI,

I am new to Lipo batteries and have some questions. I am using a 6 cell 3000mah battery pack. My question is can I store a fully charged battery pack? What would be the consequences if I do? And what is the safe charge level to store it? Also, I heard a lot of different sayings about the maximum discharge level. My computerized battery charger refused to discharge it when it reaches 3.7V/cell. The user's manual discourage the use of the discharge function to discharge my lipo battery. What's the reason? And what is the main purpose of the the discharge function if it's not supposed to be used for discharging the batteries. Any input would be appreciated.