Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

battery chargers

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 11:26 AM
rms59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery chargers

I am getting into electric planes, and I've read all the posts, and have a few questions on chargers. I want to buy just one charger, so is there one that will:

1. Charge all the popular types of batterys? (lipos, metal, nicads)
2. Charge at home or quick charge at the field?

It would be just the airplane batteries at the field.
Sorry for being so stupid.

Dick
Old 09-15-2003, 12:03 PM
ekrcflyer

Default RE: battery chargers

Hi Dick:

I think one of the best so far (at least it does "all the tricks" you are asking for ) is the one from Great Planes called Triton. You can go to Great Planes site to check it out or visit Tower Hobbises site here:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCJG7&P=7

EK
Old 09-19-2003, 03:05 PM
laryboy
My Feedback: (2)

THE TRITRON MENTIONED WILL NOT WORK ON HOUSEHOLD VOLTAGE
Old 09-20-2003, 10:41 AM
tunnelvishon

The Triton will work off houshold supply but you need a power supply adapter that will do it. These can be aquired from radio shack or (more cheaply) from a computer power supply (12v) from a junked or old puter.
I use a jumpstarter that has a 20AH battery inside...about 40-50$. It provides clean 12v DC power ...easily carried to the field..recharges off wall outlet...and has the plus side of its use in my car as emergencey power. it also has a 125psi air compressor, emergency light, lighter socket and can be recharged from another battery also. If you do alot of charging of large capacity packs it may not have the capacity for prolonged charging of multiple packs. There are different kinds out there...get one that uses a sealed battery and is capable of having the battery replaced many years down the road.