Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

weird battery terminals

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird battery terminals

I just got my new Thunder AC-6 battery charger to use with my new Wakera Lama 400D heli. Tonight I went to charge the battery for the first time and I found that the battery terminals are the same as the wires that came with the charger. The red wire on the battery has a male connector, and the black wire has a female connector, the wires that came with the Thunder AC-6 (for use charging LiPo batteries) has the exact same terminals, the red wire has a male connector, and the black wire has a female connector! This makes it impossible to connect the battery to the charger, do some battery makers do this so that you have to use their charger? Whats the fix for this, any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul [&:]
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: weird battery terminals

If the connectors on the battery have exposed contacts, and mate with the heli, I'd change them both.
On the other hand, making an adapter for the charger is also a very valid way to go.
I'd also check that the red and black wires from the battery actually have the polarity you expect them to have.