Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Ddvc

Old 06-27-2016, 02:23 PM
solarshot23
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ddvc

Does anyone know where I can get my DDVC repaired ? Any Info would be seriously appreciated !

Thanks Wayne
Old 06-27-2016, 02:45 PM
pilotpete2

Pray tell, what is a Ddvc
Any Info would be seriously appreciated !
Pete
Old 06-28-2016, 05:00 AM
solarshot23

[ATTACH]2170065[/IMG]Sorry I wasn't more clear on the DDVC. It is a charger that ace came out with many years ago and they work great on batts up to 5000mha.

Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0127.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2170065  
Old 06-28-2016, 02:42 PM
pilotpete2

Y'know, I was thinking maybe that was what you were referring to. I still have an Ace DIgipace that I built from a kit about 25 years ago, a Digipace II and DIgipulse, but the only Nixx battery I use is a Sub-C glow starter
I don't know if there is any support on that old Ace stuff, but I'm sure if you can find and old time ham radio or Tv repair person, they could help. I believe that unit was pretty much made up from basic discreet components.
Beat of luck!
Pete
Old 06-29-2016, 07:19 AM
solarshot23

Thanks for the info Pete, I figured I would have to go that route.

Wayne
Old 06-29-2016, 07:55 PM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

I am an R/C tech with experience with Ace products, and may be able to resuscitate your DDVC. I have an schematic for it, as well as for most Ace items.
However, there is no guarantee. The DDVC is based on a micro-processor, the heart of all computerized equipment. Due to the age, I doubt if the one used is still available. Even if a new one is located, they have to be programmed for a specific use and that info is not available. It is possible that Ace purchased them in batches, and had them programmed by another company.
The same applies to the digital display. If it is dead, an exact replacement is probably not available.
Of course I can't say anything definite without testing it. If you want to gamble the postage, fine, though maybe you will run into someone closer - I am in CA!
Eloy Marez, 2626 W. Northwood., Santa Ana CA 92704.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:53 PM
solarshot23

Hi Eloy,
On 1 DDVC the digital display works but when you dial in the milliamps to set the charge rate the display stays at 0 on both sides. On the 2nd DDVC the left charge rate starts at 15 milliamps instead of zero but increases as you change the rate of charge. If this is something you think you can fix I would be happy to send them both to you.

Wayne
Old 07-01-2016, 05:08 PM
EloyM

Wayne, it sounds like your DDVCs have different problems, but without some basic tests it is impossible to pinpoint them. If the microprocessors are gone, consider them totally gone. The displays seem to be OK. All the other components are standard and currently available. Sometimes, with two items having different problems, it is possible to switch parts and come up with one working and one donor.
Probably worth sending - check the USPS One-Rate boxes on-line.
Eloy Marez, 2626 W. Northwood., Santa Ana CA 92704.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:36 AM
solarshot23

I will do that Eloy, It's going to be a busy week for me because it's "Warbirds Over Delaware" time ! I will box them up and send them to you when I get back next week ! If I could get 1 charger out of the two it would be great and as I said the one DDVC charges but the left side doesn't start at zero and I'm not sure if I trust that charge rate ! Talk to you next week !

Wayne
Old 07-29-2016, 02:42 PM
EloyM

Default DDVCs

Well?