Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

lipoly batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 05:30 PM
jet jocky97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipoly batteries

I'm new to liploy batteries, which brand is a good one, e flite, thunder power or pulse. thanks for the advice guys?
Old 08-11-2019, 03:46 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

I look at it this way. You can spend two to three times as much money and get a "good" one that will last only 50 percent longer than a cheap one or buy two to three times as many cheap ones and get a lot more use time.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:42 AM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

There are only (maybe) 3 manufacturers of LiPo cells.
There are dozens or hundreds of LiPo assemblers (Thunder Power, Pulse, GensAce, Glacier, HobbyWing, - etc, etc, etc)
They all buy their cells from one of the 3 manufacturers, assemble them, slap a label on them and sell them.
The new latest LiPo technology uses a Graphene and polymer membrane. This allows for higher current ratings and safer Lithium batteries.
Remarkably, HobbyWing assembles and distributes a line of Graphene batteries. Look for batteries with "graphene" in the name.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I started with Thunderpower and used they're chargers which I still have and use to this day. I started to use Hyperion Life batteries for my flight packs and bought a Hyperion charger strictly for them. I now use Pulse Lipos and am very satisfied with them and I use a Cell Pro Powerlab 8 with parallel charging board and two server power supplies in series to give me 24 volts at 40 amps. The Pulse brand seems to be quite robust and withstands some heavy loads.

Dennis