Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Lipo Charger and a Battery with integrated BMS

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Lipo Charger and a Battery with integrated BMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 05:03 AM
executor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo Charger and a Battery with integrated BMS

Hello RCU community. As above stated, I have a charger which has a failsafe function; without detection over the balancer port, it won't charge. The problem is that I have two batteries with the integrated BMS (LiFePo4), without balance connection of course. Is there some way to trick the charger into thinking that the load is there? Some jumper solution?

Thanks, Marko
Old 03-31-2024, 03:45 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Select appropriate LiPo/Lilon/LiFe/LiHV "Charge" mode for charging a battery without balance lead.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:01 AM
executor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have that option. Gensace Imars mini.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:00 PM
ticedoff8

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by executor
Hello RCU community. As above stated, I have a charger which has a failsafe function; without detection over the balancer port, it won't charge. The problem is that I have two batteries with the integrated BMS (LiFePo4), without balance connection of course. Is there some way to trick the charger into thinking that the load is there? Some jumper solution?

Thanks, Marko
You can make a cable that fakes a balancer port.
I use them on my 1S and 2S LiPo packs that don't have balancer ports to charge on my iCharger 308 Duo and other "smart" chargers.
You google-search for "charging 1S LiPo on smart charger" and find a few schematics and some places that sell them pre-made.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:48 PM
wruggiero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Life Charger
This Chager is able to charge Life bateries without the Balancer cable.. Another point, charging without balancer cable is dangeraous , because if you chosse the wrong batery configuration can cause damege and Fire the batery. Take care!!!