Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Litco Alpha4 ordering list

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: <span class=lynnyk

ORIGINAL: sfaust

I agree with Roger. He doesn't hate the Alpha, just prefers the Miniron. In fact, I bought his used Alpha recently, under $300, and no waiting. I do wish he would be more forthcoming about his 'business' relationship, rather than trying to walk that fine line, but thats his choice. I hope the Miniron is everything I think it might be. If it is, I'll be ordering another one, and putting up 3 Alpha 4's for sale. It does look promising. If I really like it, I'll order a couple dozen for resale and stock them. Time will tell.

I think the money dried up because it costs more, needs separate $35 adapter, and there is still a wait. If someone had the units on the shelf and would take credit cards for the order, I think much of that money would come back. Americans are fickle. When they want something, the want it now, and will go elsewhere if asked to wait. Just the way it is. Damn Americans

They might want it now, but look at the Litco, they can't get it now, but they insist on waiting to get one...
Old 11-26-2003, 07:48 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: aerografixs
Steve, I wish I was more forthcoming about the business end of it, but RCU has warned me severely not to mention business, I'm surprised they didn't remove me allready on this one.
Thats hogwash. RCU has taken you to task for frequent advertising, which you have stopped. RCU does not have an issue with a simple one line tag in their signature to show their affiliations and financial interests, as you already know based on your tag for Sidel, ACM, and Aerografx. Not only would a one line tag be free and approved advertising, it would also inform people that your frequent comments regarding competitive products should be evaluated as coming from someone with a financial gain to be made. In my opinion, if you are not willing to fess up to your financial involvement, you shouldn't be commenting on competitive products. Luckily, most of the people that post and have financial ties are very forthcoming with their involvement in their tag lines, and I respect them for that. It lets know I am dealing with an honest and forthright establishment.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

Steve, I wish I was more forthcoming about the business end of it, but RCU has warned me severely not to mention business, I'm surprised they didn't remove me allready on this one.
Thats hogwash. RCU has taken you to task for frequent advertising, which you have stopped. RCU does not have an issue with a simple one line tag in their signature to show their affiliations and financial interests, as you already know based on your tag for Sidel, ACM, and Aerografx. Not only would a one line tag be free and approved advertising, it would also inform people that your frequent comments regarding competitive products should be evaluated as coming from someone with a financial gain to be made. In my opinion, if you are not willing to fess up to your financial involvement, you shouldn't be commenting on competitive products. Luckily, most of the people that post and have financial ties are very forthcoming with their involvement in their tag lines, and I respect them for that. It lets know I am dealing with an honest and forthright establishment.
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying,

I had tags as you said would be no problem, but Marc told me to remove some, what next.

In this case, here I'm allowed to correct certain things, then I'm told not too. what gives
Old 11-26-2003, 11:45 PM
sfaust

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying,
I had tags as you said would be no problem, but Marc told me to remove some, what next.
In this case, here I'm allowed to correct certain things, then I'm told not too. what gives
Run this by Marc then.

Your current signature line
Seidel Engines
ACM Rep
http://www.aerografixs.com

The proposed signature line

Seidel Engines
ACM Rep
Miniron Mobil Chargers
http://www.aerografixs.com

It announces to people that you have an financial interest in the product without advertising. If Marc has a problem with that, you are being unfairly persecuted for your past mistakes as there are many others here with similar tag lines that do so without problems. It should dawn on you by now that if you keep getting blasted from RCU for advertising, and by members for hiding your affiliations when you denounce competitive products, that your walking the 'fine line' isn't working to your favor with either camp. You might want to send some e-mails to other dealers here on RCU and asking them for advice on proper etiquette.

Let me know what Marc says. I'll even send him a e-mail on your behalf if you'd like.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The posts edited had advertising links in the main message, usually in a post that had nothing to do with the subject being discussed. Listing affiliations in a sig line is not a problem.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:08 AM
dannydaville

Please stop this crap. It has nothing to do with the original thread. Moderators where are you? Sfaust and Aerogrqfix knock it off!
Old 11-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Flyfalcons

I am a moderator. I was explaining the issue.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:17 AM
dannydaville

Your explanation has nothing to do with the original thread. Stop the bickering and get on with it. This thread was about ordering a Litco Alfa 4 and nothihng else.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:25 AM
sfaust

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

The posts edited had advertising links in the main message, usually in a post that had nothing to do with the subject being discussed. Listing affiliations in a sig line is not a problem.
Thanks Ryan, you just put to bed an issue that has plauged many a threads.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:28 AM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Default 350 for a used Litco!!!???

I know it's not April so this must be for real. I never realized the Alfa was such a hot commodity. I'm looking for a charge to pump up my giant scale (full of digital servos) and my new turbine. My old charger with all it features and ports is just a little slow for my taste. It just happens to be Litco 4. I was looking at the charger from BVM and wondered who would pay that much for a simple charger? I'll just bite my tongue and buy it LOL! Or maybe someone will trade me two Schulze 330d's )

Shaun Bell

"the truth is stranger than fiction"
Old 12-01-2003, 06:52 PM
shaunrbell

Default RE: 350 for a used Litco!!!???

Well I guess the Alpha 4 isn't all that hot, I didn't get any offers yet LOL! Maybe my Alpha 4 for one Schulze 330d and a LiPoly flight pack? Any takers?

Shaun Bell
Old 12-01-2003, 07:24 PM
sfaust

Put your Alpha 4 up for auction on RCU or E-Bay, and it will sell at a handsome profit without any problems at all. Not everyone reads this thread.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:24 PM
shaunrbell

Maybe I'll try it, I'm really not that attached to it LOL! Thanks for the advice.

Shaun
Old 12-02-2003, 12:30 AM
sfaust

I know what you mean, I've got three of them, and I am always looking for alternatives. With 2 40% aerobats, and 2 turbines, a single Super Nova wouldn't cut it. What I want is two good 5amp 4 port chargers, for under $300 each. That would wet my appetite!

If you decide you want to dump your Alpha, I can give you names of more than one person that would take it off your hands in the $250 range tomorrow morning. E-bay will get you over $300 if its in nice shape with a short wait. They still are hot chargers even after all this time []
Old 12-02-2003, 01:22 PM
isaac
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: shaunrbell

Well I guess the Alpha 4 isn't all that hot, I didn't get any offers yet LOL! Maybe my Alpha 4 for one Schulze 330d and a LiPoly flight pack? Any takers?

Shaun Bell
I'll take your Alpha. Tell me where to send the money order?

Isaac
Old 03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
tittelba
My Feedback: (19)

Is this charger dead given the rise of the lithium batteries now?
Just curious?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:16 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

I know what you mean, I've got three of them, and I am always looking for alternatives. With 2 40% aerobats, and 2 turbines, a single Super Nova wouldn't cut it. What I want is two good 5amp 4 port chargers, for under $300 each. That would wet my appetite!

If you decide you want to dump your Alpha, I can give you names of more than one person that would take it off your hands in the $250 range tomorrow morning. E-bay will get you over $300 if its in nice shape with a short wait. They still are hot chargers even after all this time []
I think it depends on who you're selling to. I saw one on Ezone for $100. Litco's are still good for Ni chemistry but I think the electric boys have left them for dead....
Old 04-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I think Litco is out of the charger business..its been at least a year since they have updated their site..maybe more
Old 04-15-2007, 01:58 AM
Capgains

Don't know, I requested a manual from them in June or July of last year, and they promtly emailed me back and gave me a link to it.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I emailed them twice about 2 months ago to see if they were going to be producing anymore chargers and they never replied!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:00 AM
rmw00

I bought an Alpha-4 a few years ago. I used it a few times and put it away. The user interface is awful, the inside looks like an explosion in my junk parts drawer. It does work, I just don't like it. Maybe I should sell it?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recently bought a Spectra 4 that does everything I needed from a multi-charger. And Hughes customer service can't be beat either!