Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

charger cycler help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 05:32 AM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charger cycler help

Need some advise as to a good chrager/cycler. Please don't recommend the accucycler from Hobbico, have one its a piece of crap. Known good batterys testing poorly.
Jamie
Old 08-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: charger cycler help

Try FMA's Einstien, it's decent. So are the Ace Digi pulse models. A new one from Hughes RC called the Analyzer is very accurate and can be used with your wall charger or your fast charger. I'm using one with there Charge Plus and so far I'm liking them very much.
And if your AccuCycle is giving you problems, send it in. There service is pretty decent.
[&:]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:49 AM

I'll give you $30 for the hobbico
Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 PM

FYI

My Hobbico ACCUCYCLER is about 2 years old and has worked great. You should have yours checked/ you may have warranty if defective

BILL
Old 08-07-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Many people who have trouble with their chargers inadvertently cause it themselves, especially with NiMh. You must use very good leads. By that I mean you must use an adequate gauge wire and have very good connectors. Keep the leads as short as possible and use gold plated connectors if you can find them. If using some of the cheaper connectors, make sure all oxidation is removed (usually plugging them in and out of the connectors a few times will do this). Any resistance in the leads will cause the charger (regardless of brand name) to either false peak or fail to detect the peak. Pay attention to these items and I think your Hobbico will do just fine.