Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hot battery!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot battery!!

Hi i recently bought a Piranha 8.4V nicad 1900 mah scx from Duratrax and I'm having problems with it .
When i use this battery under a load of 25 amps its cold but one cell gets very hot when using full throttle for around 1 min
The battery itself has been used 2 times and once with a bumpy landing and every time I land to do a check the cell over heats. So what do you guys think?

Is their a bad cell in it?!? because If their is i will contact Duratrax
Old 08-05-2004, 09:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hot battery!!

Yes, if only 1 cell is getting hot (or much hotter than the others) it is most probably defective.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:18 PM
My Feedback: (325)

Yup, weak cell. You can try slow chargeing to balance out the cells, or a dead short for awhile, but may do more damage than good.

How did it charge up in the first place? ps also theier service is good, and may replace it for free.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:27 AM

I used a 500 mah charge on it for the first few times from my MRC super brain charge. I then used a 1Amp charge.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:33 AM
My Feedback: (325)

Is it getting close to 1900 mah in it? Either way you could still try to discharge completey and leave shorted a long time and then after setting for a long time charge it up again and/or let it trickle a long time too to equalise the cells. If that doesn't work, you probly have a dud cell.