Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

BOGUS BATTERY HAZZARD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOGUS BATTERY HAZZARD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

January 28, 2004

John Yembrick
P. O. Box 61129 Houston, TX 77208
Phone: 713/567-9388 Fax: 713/718-3389
E-Mail: [email protected]

OWNER OF HARWIN STREET BUSINESS CHARGED WITH TRAFFICKING IN COUNTERFEIT MERCHANDISE
CONTACT AUSA: Michael Kusin
PHONE: (713) 567-9000

ON, TX] - United States Attorney Michael Shelby announced today the return of a six count indictment charging Zheng Xiao Yi, 34, a Chinese national, with trafficking in counterfeit merchandise.

The indictment charges Zheng with trafficking and attempting to traffic in merchandise carrying counterfeit trademarks valued at a total of approximately $520,000. The marks on the merchandise were alleged to be identical with or substantially indistinguishable from genuine trademarks registered to the Gillette Company (Duracell Batteries). Each count alleges a date occurring between August and November 2003. Some of the items listed as counterfeit in the indictment include Dinacell batteries and flashlights.

More details at http://ia.ita.doc.gov/download/utptf...gs-utp-cmt.pdf

The Battery Clinic tested two samples of these batteries after my brother in law showed me what as great deal he found at a local flea market, 36 AA cells for $4.00. We found them to give 268 mA under a 50 mA load to 0.9 volts. A Duracell or Energizer Alkaline AA yields over 2000 mAh under the same load. These bogus cells are easy to identify, just squeeze them between your fingers and the case is easily deformed.

Remember our Dad's telling us, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't."

Red S.
Red's R/C Battery Clinic
http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com
Check us out for "revolting" information.
Attached Images