Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Triton charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:35 AM
batfalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triton charger

Hi everyone,

Just got my Triton charger and went through all the user's manual carefully. I still have one question though.
Suppose that you have set up the unit to discharge a Ni-mH 7 cell battery pack at 0.9 V/cell = 6.3 V cut off voltage. Also the unit is configured to charge the same pack at 0.6 A with a peak sensitivity set at 0,4 mV per cell. Both these actions can be accomplished perfectly, when I try them one at a time seperately. First discharge and then charge. The problem starts when I try to cycle the pack. I've read that when in cycle mode, the cut off voltage is 0.8 V / cell and this can not be adjusted by user. I can't find though how can I adjust the number of cells that the pack has. When I tried to cycle this particular pack I was closely looking at the voltage dropping and it did went down to 4,8 Volts before the unit stopped the discharging. That is way down of the limit 6,3 V that I had adjusted the unit to go to. Is something that I am doing wrong, or the Triton is configured to cycle ONLY 6 cell packs ?

Thanks,

Michael
Old 03-15-2005, 08:57 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Triton charger

I have heard of this b-4 and it seems to automatically detect cell count. It is either mis calculating or dischargeing at a fast enopugh rate that the display/reading is not updating quick enough. Your observations are correct and your understanding of the functions too.

Only fix that I know of is what you mentioned already to do it seperately.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
batfalcon

Thanks for the reply,

If it has to do with the slow updating of the display then I should be reading greater values of voltage, not less. If the real voltage is 5,6 V during cut off, I should be reading the previous say 5,8 or 5,9 Volts not 5,4 V. I wonder maybe it's a malfunction and should be taken care of. []

Michael
Old 03-15-2005, 02:04 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I'm thinking the display is updated quicker/sooner than the "reading" I'm not sure how often it checks the voltage and may be less often even than the display is updated. I've not done a lot of watching it, but thwere are a few threads on this. It probably isn't a malfunction that another charger would take care of. They are all the same as far as I can tell.

Seems to me I did do a test where the results weren't repeateable. I'm not sure if I posted it, but I just gave up on dischargeing anyways.