Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Duralite

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 06:41 PM
majesticmonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duralite

Whatever happened to those Duralite batteries?

I haven't kept up with this aspect of the hobby so please forgive me if the answer to this is common knowledge.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:41 PM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Default Duralite batteries

All my Duralites bit the dust in about 1 years time. I'm now switching over to nimh for easier battery mangement and much less expensive than Duralite.
Old 01-06-2002, 07:59 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Gone...

My understanding is the duralites came about as a 1 lot manufacturing for some other application. It ended up not being needed and converted for RC use. All are gone now and the factory won't make more.

Edgar
Old 01-07-2002, 01:50 AM
maac16324
My Feedback: (6)

Default Duralite's

It is my understanding the Sanyo Europe has taken over production of Lithium Metal cells which were used to manufacture the Duralite packs.

I don't know whether Duralite will be resuming production or not.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:38 AM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Default Duralites

Now this is just my opinion, but it's the way I feel. I had 5 Duralites bite the dust in a years time and at $34.95 ea. that can get expensive. I can buy 2 1650 mah nimh (Sanyo) for the same price. They have no memory problems, you don't have to cycle them, they are lighter than ni-cads and you can get the same effect as using duralites with something like a Sirius charger so that might just be the solution to good battery management.....or at least I think i'm on the right track anyway.

I certainly have nothing against ni-cads because they served me well for years. I just think nimh is better from all the research and testing that I have done, plus the fact that you can charge them up and they seem to hold that charge for a long time when not in use......just my opinion (i'm probably wrong)

Dave