Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Hobbico accu cycle elite problems

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Hobbico accu cycle elite problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:19 PM
mweathers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbico accu cycle elite problems

well having used an accucycle pro series plus for years and it finally quit working. I am now tr ying to fiqure out the new accucycle pro series elite. From what I can see it does half the work and twice the price. Hopefully someone can answer some questions for me about this product because the support line at Hobbico can't seem to figure anything out either. My questions are as follows: will the cycling or charging go from output 1 to output 2 automatically ie: from the transmitter battery to the receiver battery without having to push any buttons..Question 2: will both batteries trickle charge without having to do any thing???? I'm not sure this is a better product than what they already had the other was so easy to use. Does anyone have a Accucycle pro series Plus for sale???
Old 09-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobbico accu cycle elite problems

I'm not sure I understand the cycling question but I can tell you how my Elite works.

I select the output (1 or 2)

Either use the battery memory or I usually enter the data I want about cell size and capacity (I usually let the charger figure out the rest but I would like to know how and why to change the data).

Then I can cycle both of the batteries at once or cycle one and charge or discharge the other (although have not tried it).

Then I think they both go into tricle charge after the charge is complete or I can do multiple cycles (I've used this to bring the capacities back up to where they should be on old batteries).

It's still new to me so I hope this helps, let me know if you have some more questions and I'll do my best untill an electronics wizard chimes in here
Old 09-13-2005, 07:54 PM
mweathers

Rangerman,

Thanks for getting back with me. The folks at Hobbico seem to think that it will only cycle thru on #1 out put and then you have to manually puch #2 to cycle. I don't think they know anymore about than me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Timthetoolman1
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a partial charge twice and took my equipment off before the charge cycle completed so I cycled both the radio and the plane at the same time so I know it works. It's really like two chargers in one but it just doesn't do the large batteries for my electric motors...so they say, I haven't looked into it.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:30 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

I guess I don't understand first question either, it is far superior to the accu-cycle or the accu-cyle plus. It does make it a little more complicated to use as it just has more verstility.

The accucycle pro is discontinued, and it may be easy to understand the elite as 2 completely seperate chargers. Output 1 is independant of what output 2 is doing and they will both cycle at the same time.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

It will do either or both at the same time. The only limitation, which is probably what the bubba's at hobbico were talking about is you can only use 1 computer memory at a time. You have to manually key the other output. I usually manually key anyways, just set the cell count and capacity and have at it.

As for switching to trickle, at the end of a CHARGE the charger will go from solid green to flashing green, thats a trickle charge.

At the end of a CYCLE it will just shut off after the last full charge.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:32 AM
RCP57
My Feedback: (25)

With mine I can pull either output from memory at the same time. I can perform any function from memory on output #1 and then go to output #2 and pull from memory again, even if it is in a different memory location.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Yes, the manuel is wrong in that respect, you can do from 2 memories .
Old 09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Probably written by the same guy that answers the phone
Old 09-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

No, the two ports are seperate so you have to manually select either output one or output two.
Both outputs will put the pack in trickle charge from the charging mode.
In discharge or cycle the packs are not terminated in trickle mode.

ORIGINAL: mweathers

well having used an accucycle pro series plus for years and it finally quit working. I am now tr ying to fiqure out the new accucycle pro series elite. From what I can see it does half the work and twice the price. Hopefully someone can answer some questions for me about this product because the support line at Hobbico can't seem to figure anything out either. My questions are as follows: will the cycling or charging go from output 1 to output 2 automatically ie: from the transmitter battery to the receiver battery without having to push any buttons..Question 2: will both batteries trickle charge without having to do any thing???? I'm not sure this is a better product than what they already had the other was so easy to use. Does anyone have a Accucycle pro series Plus for sale???
Old 09-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Kfoss1

I was just over on the Tower site looking at the Elite and there are two reviews that explain a lot about this charger. The second review found ways to do things the manual doesn`t mention. It has lots of step by step pictures too.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
mweathers

Thanks for the info. it really helped...Mike