Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

recc. a charger and batts

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 12:23 PM
mystikal18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recc. a charger and batts

hey guys, id like a reccommendation of a good charger and batteries. i dont want to spend MUCH over 200 bucks for them all. I've got a hpi rs4 and im about to get an ae tc3. ill be using the tc3 for spec races which are circuit, oval, and drift. the rs4 will be for fun i guess. my rs4 already has cells in it-and they are 5: 1.2v 1200 mah cells. i think its 1200 mah anyway. So if you would please reccommend me batteries for my ae tc3 and a good charger that i can do both of them on. The cells in my rs4 are mounted in the center next to the belt drive if that helps, i dont think i can remove them.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:42 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

Default RE: recc. a charger and batts

The TEKIN 112C charger will cover your needs and more. the charger has peak,trickle, adjustable current, you can charge 1-12 cells and more with a 112A charger and you can add a discharger, digital display and is AC/DC. I have 3 of them. You can find a used one for around $50-100 or a new one $150-175. Just make sure if you want to charge NIMH batteries that the charger has H27 or higher charging software.

For radio and receiver batteries use the Energizer or Duracell 2500 AA NIMH batteries found at WALMART and assemble your own packs or use loose.

For racing pack use 3000 NIMH packs $20 Tower hobbies has good prices on packs.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:45 AM
gerwen

Great Planes Triton and Duratrax ICE are also good chargers.

That sounds like a micro pack in your RS4, is it a micro RS4? 1/18th scale?
Old 01-16-2006, 08:21 AM
mystikal18

yes, my rs4 is a micro. it has 4 cells across the middle of the chassie, and the 1 battery sitting on top of 2 others for exponential handeling. I've got NiCd in my controller, and a charger for it. I think i may go with the gp 3300's since i will be modified [>:]. but i still need a charger for them, so ill take a look at what you have reccommended.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:05 PM
mystikal18

well i have my batteries, i picked up 12 Trinity panasonic team matched 3000 nimh's for 36 bucks shipped on ebay. i think i will go to towerhobbies and pick up a duratrax ice competition charger, and just use my spare battery for now (optima red top). What is a good price for the duratrax comp. charger?