Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery combination

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 04:14 PM
crawler tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery combination

Please correct me if this statement is wrong.
I can take two batteries, both four cell 4.8 volt-600 mah, hook the positive wires together and the negative wires together, and yeild one eight cell 4.8 volt 1200 mah battery.

Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 PM
rctrax

Default RE: Battery combination

correct
Old 01-12-2006, 06:58 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct, but there's a "However".

Do not try to charge both packs in parallel. You'll have to connect them via some sort of connector arrangement that will allow separate charging of each pack.

What is th application for these batteries? If its an airplane receiver setup, connect each battery to a separate switch harness, then plug each switch into the receiver.

One goes into the normal battery input, the other into an unused channel socket.

That way, you can charge each pack separately
Old 01-12-2006, 06:01 PM
crawler tech

I was attempting to add needed weight to the nose using an addiontional battery, but it is turning out to be more of a pain than it's worth.
Thanks for the replys any way.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

ORIGINAL: pettit

Correct, but there's a "However".

Do not try to charge both packs in parallel. You'll have to connect them via some sort of connector arrangement that will allow separate charging of each pack.

What is th application for these batteries? If its an airplane receiver setup, connect each battery to a separate switch harness, then plug each switch into the receiver.

One goes into the normal battery input, the other into an unused channel socket.

That way, you can charge each pack separately
WHAT ???? I have been doing this for 2 yrs now. It works fine. It just takes longer unless you have a charger that can charge at a higher rate.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:19 AM
MoJoe

its ok to do, just make sure if you are charging both packs at once, the batteries are of the same brand and same capacity...