Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Charging Battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
4tecmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charging Battery

The woas continue. To start over, I bought a racers edge reciever hump pack. I bought a cheap 6 dollar wall charger. Bought the required on off switch with charger lead. Spliced in a longer lead to reach the reciever pack. I started to charge this battery first for about an hour. Checked charge and was weak, so I charged for like 4-5 hours. Still weak. Charged over night. Still weak. Took it back to where I bought it, decided to buy a new charger one that charges nicad and nimh. Told them what was happening, he connected a volt meter it was at 4.2 or something similar. Then told me they wont warranty it because it is a battery and they dont warranty electrics. So I took it home and put it on the new charger. I charged it for a few minutes and the charger started beeping indicating it was done. This is the Mega phophet plus or something similar. Anyways, I took it off and connected it up, wow it had some charge, everything worked great for about 4 minutes, then lost steering. Gone. So I lifted the truck to check steering, there was no power to it. Stuck it back on the charger and a few minutes later "ding" connected it up and power again, then about 5 minutes later same thing no power. On the same note, when it loses power it appears the servo starts to jitter. Anyways, can anyone tell me if the wiring is bad will it cause this? Or is this just a bad battery? Thanks a ton!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:58 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Charging Battery

what settings are you using on the charger? What is the volatge and mAh output?
what is the volatge and mAh capacity of the pack?
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 AM
4tecmax

The hump pack is a 1400 mah, the charger will charge at 1 amp 2 amp and 4 amp, I charged at 1 amp. This is the phrophet plus charger.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:19 AM
4tecmax

Ok so I charged the battery before I went to bed last night, turned it off, tonight I turn it back on barely any juice left in the pack. Something is discharging this battery, can anyone tell me if there might be something in the wiring or? It appears that this connection is a floating ground (3 grounds connected together instead of grounding to the chassis or something). Is this normal?