Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

How do I know if my battery is good?

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

How do I know if my battery is good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 04:37 PM
fxstbi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I know if my battery is good?

Hello all,
I fly an electric helicopter, an old Kalt Whisper. I currently fly with the stock motor and an Ikarus speed control with eight 2100 nicad cells. How can I tell if my battery is putting out everything is should be. A friend is running the exact same set up and gets far better run times than me. We have checked out both helis and they seem to be identical. Could I have a weak battery? He charges with an FMA Super Nova and I charge with an MRC Brain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pete
Old 11-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

For openers I would check your battery on his cycler and his battery on your cycler and compare notes. This should eliminate some of the guess work as to wether your pack is bad or it is something else in your set up that is sucking it down faster than in his.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:56 AM
hebertjj

Red's idea is good and if that doesn't show much difference, try swapping batteries in the helicopters. How much difference are we talking about? 10%? Fugeduhboutit! It wouldn't take much of a difference in friction and binding differences to make big duration differences between models.

Joel