Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

24 volt power diagram??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24 volt power diagram??

Can y'all look this over and tell me if I'm going to blow up anything if I were to wire my flight box this way? I need 24 volts to my Dynatron starter, but 12 volts to the power panel and to the charger. I would also put in an on/off switch going to the 24volt posts just for safety reasons as well as a fuse...

let me know.. it's a crude diagram.. but the best I could do...

thanks!!
Deck

Old 02-14-2006, 08:56 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 24 volt power diagram??

What you drew will work. Just remember that the Hobbico MKII charger and the flight panel common (black) connections are 12 vdc apart. If you connect them together you fry the wiring connecting them.

Have you planned on how to charge the batteries? Heres another method using banana plugs and jacks to connect the batteries to provide 24 VDC for the Dynatron and 12 volts enabling you to charge the batteries.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46325.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	408312  
Old 02-15-2006, 02:05 PM

Ok diagram. BUT! Sometimes trying to drain both batteries equal by using both batteries can cause some problem. If by plugging and unplugging one side an ground (or Hot of one remember two black wires but different potential) touch the other ground (black) will be a dead short and if a strong battery then you have repairs to make or fire to put out. Also soon or later you may mix then and again dead short or 24 volts in the wrong place. I suggest just use one battery for all 12 volt and only second for 24 volt.
Rich
Old 02-15-2006, 02:48 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lead Acid will charge perfectly fine in parallel without the batteries being equally discharged.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:27 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks for all the input fellas!! I'm looking to go with two motorcycle batteries. Trying to do something relatively compact