Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Schulze charger

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 09:40 PM
selwyn
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schulze charger

Hi Guys I have been given a Schulze isl 4-630 d charger by someone who had two and has no need for this one anymore.....I am only using Nicads in my planes,and have no intention of changing at this stage.My question to all of you is......will this charger take care of all my needs,and what quality unit is this?I am generally using 1400-2000 Mah packs.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:53 PM
selwyn

Default Schulze charger

ooooops I meant Isl 6-430 d.......sorry guys
Old 11-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default Schulze charger

While we have never had the chance to test any of the Schultze units at the Battery Clinic, by all accounts they are a top quality device. The one you mention isl 4-630 appears to be an older generation than they are featuring now on their web site:

http://www.schulze-elektronik.com/index_uk.htm

I would expect it to serve your modest charging needs quite well.. As we tell everyone here at the clinic, when fist using a charger with Ni-Mh packs keep a close watch to see that there is no undue heating. Warm OK, but hot indicates the charger is not compatible with the pack you are trying to charge.

As always, new Ni-CD and Ni-MH should be given a slow charge for a couple of cycles before attempting fast charge. The same goes for packs that have not been used for seveal months.
Old 11-30-2002, 10:12 PM
selwyn

Default Schulze charger

It is the Isl 6-430 that I have,and I see it is featured on their website, its just I have not had any experience with the unit.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:34 AM
Steve Lewin

Default Schulze charger

I've been using my 6-430d for about 6 years and it's charged everything I've thrown at it, NiCd and NiMH, radio and electric flight packs.

But it did eventually develop a fault so it's away at the moment being repaired and upgraded to the latest software level so that it will handle Lithium-based batteries too. Not many charger manufacturers do upgrades like that, they just expect you to buy the new model (at full price). I like Schulze chargers .

Steve
Old 12-01-2002, 08:08 PM
Greyhawk

Default Schulze charger

As others have stated it is a top quality unit, but really no better than the Super Turbo, Nova, etc. It is very intuitive in its operation. The quality overall is excellent! Enjoy.